What is the KZJ95 Prado “TJ” trim? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
I’ve had a handful of Yotas, and this isn’t my first JDM vehicle, but it IS my first JDM Toyota. Long story short I got an opportunity to purchase a 96 KZJ95 for a very good price, and I jumped on the opportunity. Unfortunately I didn’t have a ton of time to research or else I’d miss out on the deal…so now I’m trying to play catch up and bring myself up to speed while it ships to Baltimore from Japan.

Here’s the truck - from what I can tell it’s a TJ trim Buy Used 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado KZJ95W (VBU00013) | Japanese Used Cars Carused.jp - https://carused.jp/car-list/detail/toyota/land-cruiser-prado/KZJ95W/VBU00013

I can’t find barely any information about the TJ trim, but judging by the cloth seats and manual windows, I’m assuming it’s a base model (which is fine, I got it for so cheap I honestly don’t mind).

Quite frankly, I just want to know what it does or doesn’t have… rear diff lock? Rear LSD? Open diff? Does it even have a center diff lock or AC? I have no idea. Any help is appreciated.

I’ve found plenty info on the Australian spec Prado’s and trim offerings. But when it comes to the JDM “TJ” trim, I’m coming up empty. Thanks I’m advance!

7FC7529B-EBCD-4112-BF8B-7AC8054E42C7.jpeg

I searched for about 20 minutes out of curiosity and found nothing. I would guess it is the ultra basic model. c
Coming over from Land Rover Defenders I can testify that there is nothing wrong with wind up windows and basic creatur comforts.

I searched for about 20 minutes out of curiosity and found nothing. I would guess it is the ultra basic model. c
Coming over from Land Rover Defenders I can testify that there is nothing wrong with wind up windows and basic creatur comforts.
Thanks brother. I’m no stranger to roll up windows and the basics, I’m just trying mostly I guess to determine if it comes with a rear LSD and CDL

Def base model. No flares either. Do you have any interior pics? A look at the t-case shifter would tell us if it was AWD or RWD. As for the rear diff, unlikely to be locked, but an even chance of lsd methinks.

Here's a link to a site that gives a prettycomplete picture of world options.

It's in Russian so google translate is your friend here. Towards the bottom it speaks of the tj trim a bit. No mention of rear diff that I could see, but at least gives you something to go on. Interior pics will help for sure.

Last edited:
Def base model. No flares either. Do you have any interior pics? A look at the t-case shifter would tell us if it was AWD or RWD. As for the rear diff, unlikely to be locked, but an even chance of lsd methinks.

Here's a link to a site that gives a prettycomplete picture of world options.

It's in Russian so google translate is your friend here. Towards the bottom it speaks of the tj trim a bit. No mention of rear diff that I could see, but at least gives you something to go on. Interior pics will help for sure.
It’s funny, I didn’t even buy it from this website, but apparently it was for sale here too and they had some more photos. Can you make out these interior pics?

Pic shows a CDL (as indicated by the HL and LL on the shift lever), but no idea on the rear.
Awesome thank you. I’ll check the axle code once it lands in the US. Worst case scenario I’ll throw a Detroit True-Trac or some streetable lunchbox locker in the rear for some peace of mind on muddy trails

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom