What is the "ECT PWR" button? 100 related. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fyton2v

SILVER Star
Threads
Supposedly it's supposed to increase power? Doesn't seem to make a differece. Any experiences with when/how this should be used?

Thanks!

I think it changes the shift points. It allows the engine to redline. It is a fun little button because the v8 revs so freely.

I would think it is best felt when you smash the throttle so the revs go up...?
E

It is a second program for the transmission shift points, It makes each gear to shift at higher revs and downshifts are also made more readily. Other cars call it "sport mode"

"Sport Mode". When I press that button my LC corners like it's on rails! :).

Sure enough, that button definitely lets the beast rev higher and makes steep roads much easier to climb. When I had no clue what it did I took it up a steep road near my house in regular mode and all I could think was “good grief! Is this thing under equipped in the horsepower department, or what?”.

hmmm on my 100 its boosts the the horsepower 100hp............... :flipoff2:

According to my friend, Manuel ;)

The "ECT PWR" is "for powerful acceleration. In the power mode, the transmission is shifted up and down at a higher vehicle speed than in the normal mode."

So for a Landcruiser, the closest thing you can get to hauling a##!

:D :D

In my opinion, without "RTFM", the ECT PWR button, means elctronically controlled transmission/power mode. In most vehicles in Oz we normally have an "Econ" button (same thing in reverse) which sets the transmission in economy mode. When you turn economy off (power mode) the transmission changes earlier when you put your foot down as long as its not at full throttle, basically its an electronic kickdown cable. In my LC100 TD the difference is noted going up long hills on the highway, where it drops to a lower gear earlier, (which I don't really want with high torque accross the rev range) I have found that when I floor the pedal the cruiser revs as hard and changes earlier without the switch pushed in as it does with it selected. It is a different story however if you don't put your foot right to the boards. If you want to drive around in "Econ" mode then want full power you may get it by putting your foot down flat. The way to check this is to stop on the highway and select normal mode and overdrive on the stick and put your foot flat and watch where the revs change for each gear until it changes into top, then do the same test when you set it to PWR mode and put it flat to the floor and see if the revs and gear changes are the same. Of course your V8's and sixes are different to my TD but I expect the philosophy is the same. My Ford Falcon auto is also the same, I achieve no better results when I'm flooring it, but at lower pedal rates it does kickdown earlier.

The "ECT Power"button on my '99 100 does not function. Has anyone had to repair this...details?

With mine engaged, I can peel out and pop a wheelie.

Then I really need to get mine fixed.; :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom