What is leaking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello guys, I'm a relatively new member here I have a 2001 gcc spec 100 woth a 1FZ-FE so I guess my question should be on the 80 forum, I noticed a leak around the a/c compressor and I'm not sure what it is or where it came from here is a pic
20200428_011746.jpg

I do have the leak around the radiator filler neck from the tube that goes to the overflow tank but not sure if it could reach down here

Hello guys, I'm a relatively new member here I have a 2001 gcc spec 100 woth a 1FZ-FE so I guess my question should be on the 80 forum, I noticed a leak around the a/c compressor and I'm not sure what it is or where it came from here is a pic
View attachment 2287882

I do have the leak around the radiator filler neck from the tube that goes to the overflow tank but not sure if it could reach down here
That is being spread by the belt and pulley. Could be the oil pump cover. Do you have distributor or coil packs? If distributor, then possibly the distributor O-Ring.

Is it oil or coolant?

If coolant, then it could be water pump.

No distributor its coil packs and not exactly sure what it is plus its a bit dark right now so will check in the morning probably let it run and check where its leaking from more likely it is probably coolant as it doesn't feel that slippery thanks for the help

Well looking at it closely it could be that leaking hose I have it leaks on top of the radiator so it is very possible that some coolant managed to get on the belts

It's best to replace the hose and use new hose clamps. While you're at it, replace the radiator cap too. Should cost you about $20 US total.

It's best to replace the hose and use new hose clamps. While you're at it, replace the radiator cap too. Should cost you about $20 US total.
Will do asap cap is still new so no need the change that and clamps are still good but will change if I find oem replacement but the hose is so swollen to a point that the clamp will not fit over it I wil also let the car idle for some time and keep an eye on the wp and oil pump just to be sure

After inspecting a bit more it looks like it is some sort of oil but the engine seems dry can someone confirm if this seem like PS oil
20200428_100624.jpg

Notice shiny spot on coil pack
20200428_100726.jpg

Possible culprit?
20200428_100647.jpg

Can the PS hose to the right somehow spray up to the crank polly

Does your air conditioning work?

Yup still blows cold no strange sounds and compressor is 1 year old only
Because the oil appearing substance appears on the clutch of the AC compressor only and on the belt for the AC, but nowhere else. That leads me to believe you will be seeing a failure on your AC soon.

Because the oil appearing substance appears on the clutch of the AC compressor only and on the belt for the AC, but nowhere else. That leads me to believe you will be seeing a failure on your AC soon.
I'm going to change the belts next week so I will try to take the magnetic clutch out and check behind it just my mechanic also belives that its compressor oil so hopefully its just that

Ok so I had some free time today and pulled the belts off pulled the shield umderneath the engine and jacked the car up to inspect further turns out the idler pully under the compressor is shot and had enough play in it to cause a very minor leak in the main compressor seal only the magnetic clutch got wet compressor is very dry behind the clutch and it is still blowing cold with no noises and is still full of oil and refrigerant changed out the idler pully and belts and cleaned the area so I can see if it leaked again mechanic believes that the idler was the only cause of the issue as it probably tugged the magnetic clutch a little bit causing it to spray some oil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom