What is it this time??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G'day again to any one out there in the CSC that might be able to suggest a direction to look n2? the wife & I were out in the FJ80 this morn'n & when we got back in her too head home she wouldn't start, only clicked like a bad starter? The battery is fine plenty of juice, so we towed her home & I installed the new starter I had bought some time back..... Well still just ticks almost as if the engine were locked up, really strange. Tried to play with the neutral safety sw. to see if that could be the issue... no such luck, truly hopin' one of y'all out there can head me down a direction I can find the problem??? Tanx. Paul

Thanks for the info, I'll try to jump the starter tomorrow & let'cha know, as far as the battery connections actually just replaced the terminal ends (all brand new) & replaced both ground cables also. was working lika champ till this morn' ???

Just curious have you tried another battery. Seen where it will read good voltage but have a weak internal connection and able to carry the load of the starter. Have you turned on the headlights and watched to see if they dim when trying to start the cruiser.

New alternator about a year ago charging system has been fine all the terminals and wiring have been changed in fact just last weekend I will test the battery voltage as that is the original battery from when I bought it over a year ago, headlights are strong but wasn't able to be in 2 places at once and see if they dimmed at all very strong click when trying to start

G'day to all, well after a'lil poking around under the hood t'day it appears I came across the fusible link at the positive cable which seems to be the issue!!! Anyone out there who knows the best method to obtain an OEM version of this please LMK??? I wanna order 2 so I'll hava extra 1 should I possibly need it again. But I just wanna say thank you too y'all for giving me a direction to go. Tanx, Paul

G'day to all, well after a'lil poking around under the hood t'day it appears I came across the fusible link at the positive cable which seems to be the issue!!! Anyone out there who knows the best method to obtain an OEM version of this please LMK??? I wanna order 2 so I'll hava extra 1 should I possibly need it again. But I just wanna say thank you too y'all for giving me a direction to go. Tanx, Paul

If you are looking for 90982-08264, then I can ship 2 to you tonight.

Thank you kindly but I actually ordered a pair of Toyota links this afternoon online. Thank you again though I appreciate the response

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom