What is a 'pov pack' base model 80 series or Lexus LX450 in your part of the world? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here in Oz it's called a 'DX' and has these luxuries:

- 1hz n/a diesel
- 5 speed h150f gearbox + hf1a part-time transfer case
- no CDL or front or rear diff lock
- Aisin hubs instead of full-time 4wd drive flanges
- barn doors
- no power windows or mirrors
- 3/4 front pass bench seat (not bucket seat) and consequently no centre console
- cloth non-powered or heated seats not leather (faux or real)
- vinyl flooring
- base model (non GX/GXL) door trims
- steel wheels (I think factory split rims)
- no towbar

I don't know if AC was standard on DX's here. Mine has the 'single dealer opt' version (that's never worked in the 12 yrs I've had it). I also don't know what config option included 3rd row seats (my 80 never had any when I got it).

The USA didn't get 'basic' 80's I don't think - they were all Lexus LX450's as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) and I don't know what would have been considered 'base model' for them.

Last edited:
Lexus Lx450 and Toyota Land cruiser here. With or without lockers is the only real difference. Some early models had cloth non-power seats. That is the only types we got here.

Here in Oz it's called a 'DX' and has these luxuries:
Actually, you're wrong. Here in Oz the DX package isn't the true "pov pack", there's a base "standard model". Here's the two side by side:

Biggest difference I know for sure is the true pov pack doesn't have a tacho. That would really annoy me. Not an easy fix either, as the base model doesn't have the tacho pickup on the injector pump. Base model may have also been fully vinyl seats only, which don't age well. The DX model is the best one IMO.

Forgot the tacho. My barn door 1hz 80 has a tacho, and yeah I find that a useful gauge. Mine has all cloth seats. I guess when they were new you could probably order any spec and combo of features and it would get priced accordingly for production line scheduling. I'd very much like to see how the process of building a 4wd vehicle to order happens at the factory (wherever that may be).

I always thought DX was 'base model' but I stand corrected. I wonder how much you could actually take it before it wouldn't be a complete drivable vehicle...

USA did get a poverty pack kinda. would be things like cloth seats, no sunroof, no roofrack, no sliding 3rd row windows... Still auto, CDL, full time 4WD. nothing like the rest of the world got.

I have seen LX450 spec'd 80's here (rarely) but I've seen more LX470's (poofy spec 100/105 series) oddly. I guess with 80's we got a lot more low-spec ones here just because of the sort of country Australia is, and with each subsequent Toyota landcruiser model the low-spec config has gradually been lifted to the point where now you cannot get base-model bare-bones spec anymore (I don't believe the 200's and now the 300's have anything 'pov-pack' on offer but 200's did exist in barn door version).

the 7x series is the new 'low spec' landcruiser for Australia now. But even the 79's still get offered with GX and GXL spec levels for the rich people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom