What is a good enclosed roof cargo case? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jesus. Talk about a hipster Oregon tax. That’s asinine.
Insane, the cost of almost 3 sky boxes, and Yakama is also made in the USA. And they weight 80-125 lbs.

Also why fiberglass? Seems like they would be more fragile to drops and impacts then the plastic ones.

Can get 20% of boxes at REI if you’re a member with your annual coupon. Missed out last year but think I got the last Yakima 21 in the country from them at the time.

Can get 20% of boxes at REI if you’re a member with your annual coupon. Missed out last year but think I got the last Yakima 21 in the country from them at the time.

Was just thinking about that, but I think that roof racks and boxes are now excluded because of manufacturer policies against it.

Was just thinking about that, but I think that roof racks and boxes are now excluded because of manufacturer policies against it.
Curious if it’s an embedded system stop or simply chatting your friendly checkout clerk up a bit 😉

Yep. I’ve gotten both my skyboxes with the REI 20% off.

Curious if it’s an embedded system stop or simply chatting your friendly checkout clerk up a bit 😉

Yeah, we bought our Thule with the 20% coupon a couple of years ago, but we have a friend that works at REI and he said that this year all the roof hardware is excluded:

Discounts not valid on car racks & accessories, roof boxes, bicycles, bike trainers & simulators, snowshoes, skis, ski boots or ski bindings; snowboards, snowboard boots or snowboard bindings; kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, rafts; strollers, any item with GPS technology, action cameras and accessories, fitness trackers, personal locator beacons, avalanche transceiver and airbag products.

Now, I agree that buying in-store might provide an opportunity for a wink-wink, nudge-nudge.

When I was looking for a cargo box, I settled on Packasport Packasport click

I personally would look for a used one before I dropped the coin on new.

Those are nice ... and I do see one out on eBay for $900 in NH. (Too far away from me though).

Those are nice ... and I do see one out on eBay for $900 in NH. (Too far away from me though).
Yeah, it's more of keep an eye on craigslist for a local sale.

Yakima 21 here. Wish it rode a little further forward on the roof due to interference with rear hatch but you can still open it 3/4 of the way.

Did 2,000 miles at 85mph and it didn’t move. They added a securing mechanism to the front to prevent it from prying open.
View attachment 2593202
We've got similar, and it's a great box. Really like the Yakima.

FYI, if you weren't aware, the LX has shorter rails than the LC, you can swap them relatively easily if you want to maintain a 'stock' look and will allow you to move the box further forward. I did this initially due to our snowboards interfering with the liftgate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom