What hubs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They look like the stock hubs on the newer HZJ78

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

They look just like the hubs used on Nissan Patrol / Safari's......

That's cool. Would it be possible to get hold of a set in the US? The auto feature sound really neat.

The auto feature is what lets them down....
They lock when moving fwd, and when you reverse they unlock then lock the other way.
So there is a point when the are not locked

I just like the idea that if I drive into a muddy field or something I don't have to get out of the truck to get going again.

If they are compatible with the older style wheel hub, you are still looking at a bare minimum around ~$230 for each hub body, ~$420 for the pair of autolocking hub faces, and ~30 for the special bolts to attach the hub faces. I don't know if the auto lockers are compatible with the old-style hub bodies. And that is if the pricing is correct, and usually the price for over seas stuff is a little higher based on my parts adventures with my HZJ-75 build.

So looking at the prospect of a potentially $900 upgrade, I'd get out of the truck and lock the hubs before I went into said muddy field:meh: Plus the few discussions I have seen on the auto locking hubs, they are not the best option for reliability.

Last edited:
Well darn. At 150 they would be worth it but at 900 I'll just get out of the truck. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, even if you can use the existing hub bodies, you are still looking at around $450 for the auto hub covers and bolts.:meh:

The electric lockers on the LJ78 are plenty strong. Maybe slightly less then the fully manual ones. But the brushes wear down or get gummed up and then you are stuck. Had it happen a few times. Every time it does I swear up and down I am gonna through the manual ones of my old HJ60 on and be done with the stupid electric ones. Just never get around to it.

Last edited:
I guess I should stick with good ol manuals. I don't like the idea of electric much, I was thinking along the lines of the old warn lock o matics. It sound like none of them are that reliable. I wish there was a good system for it.

Well they are awesome when they work. Those stupid moments when you just head off the road and realize the hubs are needed and fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom