What happened while I was away?!? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been out of town for more than three weeks, haven't drive my 62 at all. Got back last night to a puddle of what I think is Dexron and no power steering... WTH?!? Anything obvious to look for?

You don't say where you are, but if you're in the rust belt I'd look for corrosion on the pressure or return lines down where the pass under the radiator support.

...I'd check for a leak. ...

...You need to re-read his post. He said OBVIOUS things. Duh....

Man, I'm radio tech, not a mechanic but if there's a puddle it seems pretty OBVIOUS there's a leak!!!!

I thought it was a pretty funny response!

...I'd check for a leak. ...

...You need to re-read his post. He said OBVIOUS things. Duh....

Man, I'm radio tech, not a mechanic but if there's a puddle it seems pretty OBVIOUS there's a leak!!!!

I thought it was a pretty funny response!

I thought it was also an attempt at humor. Then I saw his avatar and kinda lost my patience....
Rick

Where do you live? Mine sprung a leak on the brackets under the radiator. That was a few years back. If you are in the rust belt states then you are about due.

So, to get on topic, did you drive it? If there is no PS, then you need to look for failures in the power steering fluid system. They fail and leak quite normally and you need to determine that is what is going on. If so, replace the pump, burp the system, and off you go.

Did you check to see if there is PS fluid in the resevoir? If it's low, maybe refill it and see if your PS comes back.

Thanks for all of the responses...even the funny one... Turned out to be the pressure line. Haven't driven it for a month, not idea how it cracked...must have been corrosion.

Anyway, long story short...it was a leak.

Had a similar issue, mine was metal clamps from the airpump making contact with the hardline. Eventually broke through and spewed PS fluid... Make sure nothing else is making contact once reassembled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom