What do you guys use for DATA/Mobile hot spot on the road? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So looking at working whilst traveling but as a first timer to this, I'm not sure whats the best options right now. I am looking at getting a designated device that will support a sim plan for date usage that I can hotspot to various wifi devices and use whilst on the road. Question is, what's a good device for this, and what kind of carrier/plan?

I've used my current Sprint plan to tether but on the road especially in SC the coverage wasn't that great, and speeds were painfully slow on the phone that I didn't even think about tethering. I figured a device made for tethering/mobile hot spot would be better anyway than a actual smartphone, but the carrier choice is the question... Any advice....

Thanks in advance!

Bump...

Nobody's going to give you seamless coverage. Stupid coverage areas and roaming agreements.
That said i would recommend Verizon or us cellular.

Here in OZ a popular thing is the CELLFIGO repeater which has an aerial on the bar and a small broadcast antenna which boosts signal in low signal areas. Then just hotspot from your phone.

T-mobile handed out free hot spots at one point to get people to try out there data service with 10GB for a month. There was no cost and you could keep it after the trial. I swapped in a Data SIM from my Goofle Fi service which doesn't charge extra for tethering. That's what I use to keep my son happy on long road trips with his Kindle.

Find a hot spot that's unlocked and swap in a sim card from a low cost provider.

When I become a reseller of Lte modems I might contact you. These LTE modems are used for businesses and they have very large paddle monopole antennas with very high gain. It's not like a hotspot at all it actually uses multiple bands which increases the download and upload speed. Now if you are very remote like 5 miles which is quite a long distance from a cell tower having a yagi antenna that's tuned to the cell frequencies would be your only option. You would have to rotate to the cell tower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom