What do you all think? ....GLWS! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beats me why people do colour coded snorkels, I've never seen one that looked decent.

BB skids but factory running boards. Considering the rest of the build, money doesn’t seem like it was much of a constraint. If budget was a factor, I’d go sliders before skids as the stock skids will take a hit. Stock running boards won’t.

Still, a beautiful build. I kinda like the paint matched snorkel. Wonder how it will hold up.

Expel covering the snorkel may keep it safe. I do like it color matched.

@Eric Sarjeant what Kaon rack did you use on this truck? When I looked they did not have one for a 200 series? Thanks
The Kaon storage rack inside the cargo area is available for the 200, either with or without a light cargo barrier. Several mud members have them and have posted about them.

Too many add on doodads and remotes for my style. I like my accessories more stealthily installed (which may not be possible for some accessories like the rigid controller, remote, airbags, and cameras.

Seems like a nice high dollar build targeted at an urban lifestyle. The budbuilt skids and stage 6 Icons feel out of place for that though.

If it is meant to be used offroad, I don't get why it doesn't have sliders or step sliders. The stock steps are garbage for an offroad environment. Even for an urban build, I'd install step sliders - they're also good for mall armor protection from door dings.

For all that's been spent, I'd have opted for lockers, regearing and sliders before some of the other stuff. But that may be more of how I imagine my dream build versus how this one is intended to be used.

I was a bit confused about how the buyer requested a painted snorkel, then Eric says it is for sale at the end. Original buyer backed out? I get snorkel function, but don't love the aesthetics.

Last edited:
The Kaon storage rack inside the cargo area is available for the 200, either with or without a light cargo barrier. Several mud members have them and have posted about them.

Too many add on doodads and remotes for my style. I like my accessories more stealthily installed (which may not be possible for some accessories like the rigid controller, remote, airbags, and cameras.

Seems like a nice high dollar build targeted at an urban lifestyle. The budbuilt skids and stage 6 Icons feel out of place for that though.

If it is meant to be used offroad, I don't get why it doesn't have sliders or step sliders. The stock steps are garbage for an offroad environment. Even for an urban build, I'd install step sliders - they're also good for mall armor protection from door dings.

For all that's been spent, I'd have opted for lockers, regearing and sliders before some of the other stuff. But that may be more of how I imagine my dream build versus how this one is intended to be used.

I was a bit confused about how the buyer requested a painted snorkel, then Eric says it is for sale at the end. Original buyer backed out? I get snorkel function, but don't love the aesthetics.
Totally agree with stock running boards w/ICON suspension and skids. This was a sold unit and the buyer gave up on the wait time, It's been waiting on an LRA for few months. I really appreciate the input and couldn't agree more. II will change the wheels with BBS wheels (black) and add some Bud Built sliders and reshoot.

Hey Eric, Thanks for jumping on this thread - that makes sense! Budbuilt sliders will round that out nicely.

Side note, I'm going to miss your 200 builds - they're always such an inspiration to guys like me that trying to do our DIY builds. I've gotten so many ideas from you and your team (like the one I did last weekend with rigid lights on the rear spoiler). Thanks for that, and for being so generous over the years. Do you have a place where you post other Toyota model (Tacoma/4Runner, etc.) builds that I (we) can check out, so I don't go through withdrawal?

Hey Eric, Thanks for jumping on this thread - that makes sense! Budbuilt sliders will round that out nicely.

Side note, I'm going to miss your 200 builds - they're always such an inspiration to guys like me that trying to do our DIY builds. I've gotten so many ideas from you and your team (like the one I did last weekend with rigid lights on the rear spoiler). Thanks for that, and for being so generous over the years. Do you have a place where you post other Toyota model (Tacoma/4Runner, etc.) builds that I (we) can check out, so I don't go through withdrawal?
Thanks Charlie! I really appreciate that. I don't, but I do have hundreds+ on my phone, so text me if you need anything specific. I think we're going to dive head-first into the new Tundra platform here in about 60-days or so, so that will be fun, subscribe Ed Martin Toyota on YouTube for specifics.

Thanks Charlie! I really appreciate that. I don't, but I do have hundreds+ on my phone, so text me if you need anything specific. I think we're going to dive head-first into the new Tundra platform here in about 60-days or so, so that will be fun, subscribe Ed Martin Toyota on YouTube for specifics.
1633979775404.gif

I went to your website and now I see why you didn't post the price. Is there a MUD discount? GLWS.

I went to your website and now I see why you didn't post the price. Is there a MUD discount? GLWS.
It's certainly negotiable. I just added the Bud Build slider and black Tundra BBS wheels. We'll update pics in a few days.

It's certainly negotiable. I just added the Bud Build slider and black Tundra BBS wheels. We'll update pics in a few days.
you'll be one of the first people I call if an oil well starts gushing in my backyard. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom