What do you all think about the future of the Land Cruiser in the US market? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I believe it's looking good for the future of Land Cruiser. People aren't buying sedans anymore and going to CUV and SUV like crazy. The Big 3 really aren't making sedans anymore. Chevy just released a gussied up Traverse with a Cadillac badge that tops out at $75K. That makes $85k for a Land Cruiser appear to be a good deal.

Thanks for the links. I didn't have time to wade through all those pages and this may have been covered.

Selected Toyota dealerships will be offering a specialized service where they connect professional photographers and new 300 series Land Cruiser owners to capture that perfect Overlanding Experience. A light air brushing of dirt or mud will be applied to the side of the 300 LC in a pleasing contrasting color. With the Ovelanding Photo Package the new owner may choose from a selection of settings to highlight the off-road and Overlanding capabilities of the 300 LC and Overlanding abilities of the 300 LC owner.

What if the 300 LC owner does not have an Overlanding companion? No problem. A professional model can be included in the Overlanding Photo Package, be it woman, man, or dog (many breeds to choose from). And of course the current rage of Overlanding gear may be rented for the photo shoot.

Why go to all the expense and effort to showcase your new 300LC as the pinnacle of Overlanding? Only one good reason, for those perfect Instagram photos so you can impress your audience of strangers.

Be sure to ask for the IH8MUD discount.

What brand will the Turmeric Lates be? Can you please confirm that Oat Milk will be an option?

I believe it's looking good for the future of Land Cruiser. People aren't buying sedans anymore and going to CUV and SUV like crazy. The Big 3 really aren't making sedans anymore. Chevy just released a gussied up Traverse with a Cadillac badge that tops out at $75K. That makes $85k for a Land Cruiser appear to be a good deal.

It is amazing just how expensive SUVs are getting these days. The new full-size BMW X8 starts at about 90k. Around where I live there are a ton of Tesla Model Xs and Mercedes G63s. The sticker price on those is about 100-150k. It is just amazing that they are selling as fast as they can make them.

I would bet the 300 Series will be low to mid 90s in terms of price. It will have IRS. I think third row seating will fold into the cargo floor as a result of the IRS being done. I think there will be more difference between the Land Cruiser and Lexus in terms of trim and options.

I even think there is a possibility that the Lexus may become a separate vehicle all together, built on a different platform than the Land Cruiser.

I think the Land Cruiser’s future in the US is continued small sales volume, coupled with high pricing, that will eventually end with the Land Cruiser, as we know it, being phased out of the US market and the Lexus version becoming another high end full sized SUV designed to compete with the Land Rover.

Last edited:
I would bet the 300 Series will be low to mid 90s in terms of price. It will have IRS. I think third row seating will fold into the cargo floor as a result of the IRS being done.

I hope not. I love how Toyota has continued to use the fold up seats. I actually find it works better for me. My son always sits in the back drivers side and I keep the passenger rear seat up. It mostly tucks away and gives me room for stuff I buy at the club box store that is longer that slots right in. I hope they don't lose the split tailgate either. I love the tailgate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom