What do you all think about the future of the Land Cruiser in the US market? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In an era of increasing market share for electric vehicles and more stringent fuel economy regulations, can the Land Cruiser hang on?

I like the heritage of the model and I’d personally love to see it continue in the States, but even in Toyota’s USDM market, pretty much every other Toyota Truck or SUV outsells it in droves.

Has Toyota said anything about a 200-series successor?

I thought the last year for Land Cruisers here was 1997.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 300 series resembles a beefed up Sequoia more than the 200 series next time. There will be more tech and more compromise. I struggle to believe that Toyota is willing to miss out on the ~$100k SUV segement that is becoming more common place. It will be better off-road than ever in stock form. It also seems like it will be harder to modify than ever because of needing to work around the new tech. I also wouldn't be surprised if it uses the new v6 turbo V35A-FTS engine from the LS500. That would actually be pretty sweet.

I think with the market share Land Rover and Mercedes are holding, Toyota should build an all electric Land Cruiser with zero emissions and be able to fit 42" swampers with the push of a button since the individual electric motor at each wheel will have enormous amounts of torque.

This would ensure larger market share with the off-road and luxury crowd.

Virtually no maintenance required!

US has been getting the same luxury wagon as sold in the Middle East to Oil Sheiks and terrorists, so as long as that demographic continues to thrive I don't see any reason why Toyota will stop bringing it here too, albeit in small numbers. Not sure how the fleet MPG is calculated. That could be an issue.

The last year for the Land Cruiser in North America was 1987.

'88-'90 were bridge years.

Toyota was waaaayyy ahead of the curve with the introduction of the 80 series and particularly the FZJ80 because they anticipated the swell of OVERLANDING that was to come. Watch for it. The new 300 series will come with a special Overlanding model (Overlanding should always be capitalized because it has become a very important life style). Toyota branded Overlanding clothing, skottles, cookware, RTT, it's coming and I cannot wait. It will be a new Toyota era.

To answer the OP's @TheElegantFox question the Land Cruiser future is here and it is AWESOME!!!!!!

As long as there are trophy wife's in tennis shorts and country clubs there will always be a demand for Land Cruisers.

The 300 series has already been revealed.

See here: 300 series revealed
Also here:

Thanks for the links. I didn't have time to wade through all those pages and this may have been covered.

Selected Toyota dealerships will be offering a specialized service where they connect professional photographers and new 300 series Land Cruiser owners to capture that perfect Overlanding Experience. A light air brushing of dirt or mud will be applied to the side of the 300 LC in a pleasing contrasting color. With the Ovelanding Photo Package the new owner may choose from a selection of settings to highlight the off-road and Overlanding capabilities of the 300 LC and Overlanding abilities of the 300 LC owner.

What if the 300 LC owner does not have an Overlanding companion? No problem. A professional model can be included in the Overlanding Photo Package, be it woman, man, or dog (many breeds to choose from). And of course the current rage of Overlanding gear may be rented for the photo shoot.

Why go to all the expense and effort to showcase your new 300LC as the pinnacle of Overlanding? Only one good reason, for those perfect Instagram photos so you can impress your audience of strangers.

Be sure to ask for the IH8MUD discount.

As long as there are trophy wife's in tennis shorts and country clubs there will always be a demand for Land Cruisers.
You've been to Eldorado Hills I see. Except they're Land ROVERS.

🤮

Thanks for the links. I didn't have time to wade through all those pages and this may have been covered.

Selected Toyota dealerships will be offering a specialized service where they connect professional photographers and new 300 series Land Cruiser owners to capture that perfect Overlanding Experience. A light air brushing of dirt or mud will be applied to the side of the 300 LC in a pleasing contrasting color. With the Ovelanding Photo Package the new owner may choose from a selection of settings to highlight the off-road and Overlanding capabilities of the 300 LC and Overlanding abilities of the 300 LC owner.

What if the 300 LC owner does not have an Overlanding companion? No problem. A professional model can be included in the Overlanding Photo Package, be it woman, man, or dog (many breeds to choose from). And of course the current rage of Overlanding gear may be rented for the photo shoot.

Why go to all the expense and effort to showcase your new 300LC as the pinnacle of Overlanding? Only one good reason, for those perfect Instagram photos so you can impress your audience of strangers.

Be sure to ask for the IH8MUD discount.

:lol:

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌😺🖖🤟🤘

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom