What diesel goes in a 1990 Yota P/U? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.shopraddcruisers.ca
Like it says.....

I was thinking the 3L?

Rob

[quote author=Jonathan_Ferguson link=board=21;threadid=10414;start=msg93220#msg93220 date=1074684309]
You mean 1KZ-TE. :slap:
[/quote]

Damm finger slipped off the keyboard :D

You mean the turbo 3L is factory? Is it called the 3L-T?

Dave

You mean the turbo 3L is factory? Is it called the 3L-T?
Yes, But I don't know what it's called.

There's also the 2.4 Litre 4 Cyclinder and there is also a Turbo version.

the 1kz-te is 96kw and 343nm and you can now also get in Europe the D4D which is 1KD-FTV, direct injection, common rail, intercooled 120 Kw at 3400 RPM and 400nm.

We also have 13b, 3b, 14b, 2lt and 2lte and 3l, 1kz, 5l, 3ct,

[quote author=the shedguy

We also have 13b, 3b, 14b, 2lt and 2lte and 3l, 1kz, 5l, 3ct,

All those engines were common in the 1990 PU?

Rob

My source says the '90 Hilux came with the 3L, 5L and the 1KZ-TE. Never heard of the B series in a Hilux until now ???

Dave

1KZ-TE will fit in both 1st/2nd gens. If you're swapping out a 22re engine, my hunch is it might fit the engine mounts (can anyone confirm this?) I took a look at my bro-in-law's '94 JDM hilux surf and the 1kz-te will easily fit any toyota pickup/4runner that has a 4-banger.

Almost any of the Toyota diesel engines will fit in a 1990 Hilux. I am sure the weight rating is up to it. I regularly put 1HD-FT engines with tranny and TC in a Nissan 850 kg rated truck. Make sure you tie them up really well and put some blocking under them so that they don't tip over while driving home. Also be prepared to wash out the bed when you take the truck back to the owner, some guys get all funny about oil and stuff.

You did mean to carry them didn't you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom