What did you do??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

we could do a wing night next Tuesday? i gave up trying to plan them. is anyone interested ?

we could do a wing night next Tuesday? i gave up trying to plan them. is anyone interested ?
Hint hint, south side :p
I would like to but typically week nights are swamped already. Plan a run and I can probably be there!!!

Anybody do anything lately? I've been practically chained to the rig since the end of July.... Have hardly done anything cruiserly in that time other than notice that Wobble is sitting on a flat tire and stare at Spot for a few minutes here and there. Hope to get some shop time in later this month and closer to Christmas but who knows, the office overlords in Calgary may have plans to keep me busy right through til break-up.

Last edited:
Trying to find wheel studs for my wifes 2012 Ford Focus. After I pulled the caliper and got the broken stud out, I find out that ford only sells the full wheel bearing assembly. Aftermarket wheel bolts at CT are shorter than stock, so I'm on the hunt for a M12x1.5 50mm. On a long weekend when all the parts warehouses are closed...

In cruiser related stuff I need to service the front and rear lockers, and clean engine bay to find what gaskets are leaking.

Trying to find wheel studs for my wifes 2012 Ford Focus. After I pulled the caliper and got the broken stud out, I find out that ford only sells the full wheel bearing assembly. Aftermarket wheel bolts at CT are shorter than stock, so I'm on the hunt for a M12x1.5 50mm. On a long weekend when all the parts warehouses are closed...

In cruiser related stuff I need to service the front and rear lockers, and clean engine bay to find what gaskets are leaking.
A good friend of mine works for Ford calfary maybe I can put you in touch

A good friend of mine works for Ford calfary maybe I can put you in touch

Thanks. It's back on the road with a 38MM stud in place. Tuesday I should be able to get a 50mm and do it all over again.

Anybody do anything lately? I've been practically chained to the rig since the end of July.... Have hardly done anything cruiserly in that time other than notice that Wobble is sitting on a flat tire and stare at Spot for a few minutes here and there. Hope to get some shop time in later this month and closer to Christmas but who knows, the office overlords in Calgary may have plans to keep me busy right through til break-up.

Anybody do anything lately? This post still summarizes my my life / cruiser situation too accurately. I don't think I've turned a wrench or a key on a cruiser since May when Spot was unloaded from the Utah shakedown run. :( really hoping 2019 is slower once the summer comes.

I've slowly been replacing all the neglected crap on my 3rd gen 4runner. The joys of being the 4th owner of a 400,000km vehicle....oh and the rust...did i mention the rust?...yech

Most recently i did my front wheel bearings, they were pretty far gone and i let it go longer than i should have. One side came apart like butter...the other side, well...20 tons of force on the press wouldnt let the hub out of the bearing. Took alot of persuasion from a sledge.

After all that i got to have a little fun. Installed a small 24 inch light bar in line with the headlights hanging from the bumper upper cross bar... just need to trim and paint my brackets now. And really do some rust removal on the front end

Next on the agenda is cb radio install and honestly im toying with the idea of making a rear bumper...i want that spare tire off my roof so i can utilize my rack better
20190112_123627.jpg
20190104_170318.jpg
20190104_172313.jpg

Those wheelbearings are a bear. I built a press jig to hold the knuckle when I did mine but it still sucked. Mine spent most its life on the Newf coast and was super rusty below the door handles... every brake line and bolt was shot...

Thats funny. I thought I would do the taco bearings yesterday just to see if the Brazeau water depth had affected them. Glad I did. Mine had seen water and I'm thinking I would have had the frozen hub issue when we head to the underlander.

Pulled the springs out from under Wobble to mix and mingle new spring packs for the front on Spot. Should get a better shackle angle and better / softer flex with 60 series rear length. Maybe a bit more lift up front as well.
IMG_20200110_073418.jpg

Finally got the new GTurbo and intercooler all wrapped up on the 60. Wondering if anyone
there has done a GTurbo upgrade. Sort of compare scars, but more importantly how
you have adjusted fuel settings and how your temps are working out.
BC0035AC-3C8C-4523-BC80-A1523C6B51A8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom