Builds What did you do with your cruiser today? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All right here is a few photos from the Utah/Arizona/Colorado trip. Wishing that Mud would let you do full blown photo dumps :bang: Hoping to have video out soon for everyone to check out what the trip was like!

utah_trip-11-jpg.1290392

utah_trip-21-jpg.1290393

utah_trip-4-jpg.1290394

Just posted up some more photos from the Utah trip on my build page so feel free to take a gander, didnt want to double post them all here too and spam the page. We will have more coming and the video of the trip in a few weeks. Also we are talking about running Cantina if anyone is interested.

This weekend I glued the green lens over the right turn indicator back in, and finished replacing the stereo that shook apart about the same time the turn indicator lens fell out. I'm just guessing that the Racetrack Playa road had something to do with both.

Went on the 45run, it takes place up the sour grass trail, and ran slick rock.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sour grass is a fun trail where you can get up with a small lift and 31s, I took my 80 up stock but bent one stock running board. Slick rock is a 33 inch tire minimum for a wagon still and sliders are a must. My dad in his 60 on 33s and sprung under had no problem with proper wagon spotting.

Yesterday we made a quick trip out to Gold Lakes just South West of Greaegle with my roommate Zach to meet up with a large group of Mitsubishi monteros, 4 runners, an X-terra, and another 80. There was a level of skill and ability that was shown to be a vary wide range as some of the other drivers had never wheeled before. Here is a quick photoset of the day...

LR4A7433 by Zach Youngberg, on Flickr
LR4A7449 by Zach Youngberg, on Flickr
LR4A7452 by Zach Youngberg, on Flickr
LR4A7492 by Zach Youngberg, on Flickr
LR4A7487 by Zach Youngberg, on Flickr

well, apparently i ruined a MT/R. thank goodness goodyear says it qualifies under warranty... You cans see the whole lug being torn from the tire at the base of the block.
IMG_4906.PNG

Yesterday I was graced with the opportunity of unseizing my front driver side brake caliper. Two pistons on the same side (outer) decided that it would be a great idea to seize and force the pad to be in constant contact with the rotor. I did realize this was happening until the backing plate of the pad starting touching the rotor. Spent a few hours pumping the brakes and attempting to press the piston back in and finally got it operational some how. I assume it must have been cocked to the side some how but now all of the pistons move in and out as they should. Kind of a strange issue but im just glad that i could resolve it without having to replace the caliper. Swapped pads on the entire front end and called it a day...seems that maintenance is a theme with the club at the moment...

Yup... seems like maintenance is the theme always! I will be doing a new exhaust soon, then brakes and possibly more welding (still working on getting my hands on a good welder).

Nice @CV Kurt, bummed that I have not gotten to do any fishing this year with the broken leg and all. Was hoping to get up to Hobart before it closed for the season but have a hard enough time just walking on flat ground, figure the hike from the parking spot down to the res, from the Ash Canyon side, would not bowd well for the leg. Next year....

Productive weekend for working on the 80, ran a compression test and had results as 170psi +- 5psi across all of the cylinders so that was a good sign for the motor. Then salvaged an EGR vacuum modulator and a bunch of toyota vacuum lines and the EGR problem has been taken care of. Then replaced all of the seals on the leaky rear axel and swapped in some new E-Brake shoes since they fell out of the assembly in chunks while pulling the caliper and hub assembly off.

Productive weekend for me as well.... been pulling different shifts at work so I was able to take half of Friday off so I headed to the BILs house to use his welder. Mission..... to replace my leaking exhaust from the cat back. Ran into a few issues but for the most part had TONS of fun with the welder and was able to get the older muffler and pipe off and put the new one on. Still got a little work to do to create a custom turn to properly line the termination up with the fender between the rear shackle/spring and frame. But for now it is properly exhausting over the rear axle and pointing down to outside the body. Went with a welded muffler so has a much deeper sound now.

Then got pissed that I still couldn't see out the drivers window due to the old, faded, hazy purple tint and decided to be done with it. So spent the next hour with a heat gun, razor and Goo Gone getting rid of it. So nice now being able to see out my drivers side window clearly!!

A little Late, but better than never!
Went to sourgrass for a friendsgiving get together! And it was my 23rd birthday!

unnamed (4).jpg

Birthday shots
unnamed (3).jpg

Georg's (from valley Hybrids in Stockton) always get his pinzgauer portal axle 6x6 up here for this event.
unnamed (6).jpg

3 trucks ended up staying a second night. It snowed about a foot.
unnamed (5).jpg

It made wheeling out of the trail super epic, like seriously the snow was crazy good.
I did manage to get stuck one time as I went first, to test the off camber rocks for traction, I ended up having to snatch block sideways winch off my slider. All in all, a trip to remember for sure!

Zach and I were out at Moonrocks last night. Bit chilly but was still beautiful as always. Can i suggest that we possibly do a "Clean Up Day" out there? We filled a trash bag from party goers that left everything behind but there is still endless crap out there.

Zach and I were out at Moonrocks last night. Bit chilly but was still beautiful as always. Can i suggest that we possibly do a "Clean Up Day" out there? We filled a trash bag from party goers that left everything behind but there is still endless crap out there.
Could be a fun little run out there. Something we could do as a day run?

Here is the last thing I did before putting on the ARB 8 foot awning. That tower is a hundred year old air mail beacon from the biplane era located on a hill above Fernley.

Lately I also built a new rack on the side of the cargo area and also hard mounted the ham radio (and finally routed the wires nicer). Oh, and put a 20 inch light bar in the front bumper (just after this pic)
IMG_0576.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom