What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (55 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just wish someone would put together a complete under hood hose set for the 3fe
I also have been wishing for this, I would order two sets. ;) witsend

As the weather was actually nice for the weekend in FL, decided to tackle some randomness/ baselining things since my purchase a month ago. Installed a CDL switch (just need to jump on 7 pin mod), removed and baked the fan clutch to the sound of new 10k fluid. What a difference it makes. Then decided to take on the starter with new contacts. Definitely was going to be in trouble soonish as it appears someone had replaced 1 side at some point but not the other :bang: ; with the right side having a quite the deep groove worn into it. And biggest of all, removed my +10 damage multiplier. Really starting to get a feel for this great piece of engineering.
View attachment 2207926
View attachment 2207927
I did my starter last night too. Made a video though, I don't have any still shots. I noticed that one of the contactors was installed a little cock-eyed and was worn very thin at one end.

My contacts looked the same. I'm pretty sure there's something in the way they were installed at the factory that didn't line them up properly.

Did the same on Sunday as well. Mine was oriented the same way. I just dropped the axle till the bolt could be backed out between the coils :meh:

still an interesting time trying to line it all back up solo for sure. Iil language lube helped and its in now. Looking forward to the test drive after some drilling and tapping to remedy the above shock mount issue. I am getting some bolt to spring interference even with the high clearance option that may need a bit of exploring.

View attachment 2208110
Did you get your slinky kit installed yet?

Did you get your slinky kit installed yet?

Finally got a chance to start on it last night. Shocks and springs are in. Broke a few bolts that will need attention and having interference between the delta panhard bracket and spring. It’s the high clearance bracket but I’ll probably just pull spring and swap the bolt direction. Plan to get a little more time on it tonight. Eager to test the new ride for sure.
2991C220-3A09-40C0-9B11-4FA94E973247.jpeg

F361C58A-C035-40FE-A9DF-9C770C66D62F.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to start on it last night. Shocks and springs are in. Broke a few bolts that will need attention and having interference between the delta panhard bracket and spring. It’s the high clearance bracket but I’ll probably just pull spring and swap the bolt direction. Plan to get a little more time on it tonight. Eager to test the new ride for sure.

15 yrs and 150k miles. I think the suspension replacement is well overdue.

View attachment 2208507
View attachment 2208508
Stock or lift springs coming out? If lift, interested in selling?

Looks great, what did you use to clean them?
Thanks! I washed off loose debris with a brush and water and then I used a combination of simple green and steel wool tower sand the rubber. I started with 000 to get through the top layer of rubber and then polished it up a bit with 0000 afterwards. Then I painted the letters with a touch up pen from Napa. I read the process somewhere in the 60 forum a while back.

After years of PO401, I finally got it done with new VSV, EGR valve and All vac and related coolant hoses...even PHH Li'l brother coolant hose to throttle body port (brutal..lol)

Did fuel filter while I was there and wrapped wire harness near EGR pipe with Thermo Shield with adhesive backing

011.JPG

013.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

After years of PO401, I finally got it done with new VSV, EGR valve and All vac and related coolant hoses...even PHH Li'l brother coolant hose to throttle body port (brutal..lol)

Did fuel filter while I was there and wrapped wire harness near EGR pipe with Thermo Shield with adhesive backing

View attachment 2208769

View attachment 2208770

View attachment 2208771

View attachment 2208772

View attachment 2208773
What'd you do to cap off the coolant throttle body bypass hoses (PHH Brother)?

What'd you do to cap off the coolant throttle body bypass hoses (PHH Brother)?

Oh, didnt cap just replaced with new one....its a tough hose to get at just up and left to the PHH...

View attachment 2208507
View attachment 2208508
[/QUOT
View attachment 2208507
View attachment 2208508
Are those stage 1 shocks and what lift? Looking forward to see how you like them.

Oh, didnt cap just replaced with new one....its a tough hose to get at just up and left to the PHH...
I need to replace that hose. Mine blew last year so I took a long section of gates hose and bypassed the throttle and hard lines. The plus side is, if it goes while traveling, I have plenty of slack to remove, cut and reinstall. The down side, I don’t have throttle warm up and it looks like $h!t. Circled in red below, the coolant line is traced in yellow.

Pesky Neighbor.PNG

Scheduled an appointment to get a tube rear bumper built, for the 80. One off, custom with tire carrier, rear winch, quarter panel protection, tow hitch, Hi-Lift mount, and more. Super excited to get this done, finally!
Is it done yet?

Fixed the wiring to my digital volt meter. I also got the MileMarker winch wireless remote control box hooked up. Now I just need to grt it more permanently attached to the console.

Tightened up the lower control arms as well on my front axle. Hopefully that keeps the popping to a minimum on the front end. 2 of the bolts were loose enough to almost hand tighten them

15815473086937448613012507590983.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom