What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I should just make a kit :(

I used the Derale tank with the fittings both on the same side. I drilled and tapped for OEM metric hardware. I removed the paperclip, brackets and hoses that were connected to it. Measured out the hose lengths and just installed with my upgraded hoses. Zero issues at all. Holds more fluid.
I fought with installing a new 3/8" like and it fought back like a beast for nearly 2 hours. I really wish someone just made a kit. I don't want to do that again. :p

Went to big bear. And sat in the cabin.
02FF6285-E294-4BD3-87E0-257F94EA0C72.jpeg

Replaced the starter! Reman Denso 280-0169 from RockAuto. It took me about 3 hours, I have no idea how some of you do it in 30 minutes. The top bolt is fine but it's really tough to get square with the rear bolt. I couldn't torque to spec because my ratchet head wouldn't fit so just went as tight as I could...

Does anyone have a part number for the rubber skirt/panel that covers the starter in the wheel well?

Does anyone have a part number for the rubber skirt/panel that covers the starter in the wheel well?

If you don't need OEM, any big hardware store sells shower lining. Cut to fit; just a few bucks.

FINALLY doing the work on my daughter's 80 that we were going to do last fall. I figure knocking out cone washers with a brass hammer is a pretty fair "trial by fire" for my kid. She liked it.

Wiped up more power steering fluid after replacing the reservoir and both hoses. :mad::bang:

New OEM clamps on the large hose are leaking with 5/8 hose (non-OEM) so I slid it down and stuck a Breeze Constant Torque clamp on. Fully tightened, I can still turn the hose. I guess its not 5/8 compatible. :rolleyes: Could be the line from the pump to the cooler, it has some oil on it. Wiped everything down, filled the red. and will keep an eye on it.

I'm the verge of yanking the cooler and pump and Aeroquipping the entire thing, I'm so fed up with this forsaken leak. I'm just too lazy to research the parts.

I'm at my Absolute Wit's End...if only someone made a kit...:hmm:

Got my Timbren front bump stop installed. Thanks @Box Rocket for ideas and helpful tips. I ended up welding the bump stop mounts under frame rails as earlier models did not come with captive nut insert or plate with factory pre-drilled holes. Pretty straight forward and relatively simple task to keep the 37s off sheet metal and flares.
XwCezjO.jpg

Received and installed new ARB front bumper. Sold the factory one on Craigslist in a day! Tight fit (frame rails were wider than mounts) but nothing a size 13 shoe can't kick into place. Plan to finish up with the blinkers tonight.

I
Received and installed new ARB front bumper. Sold the factory one on Craigslist in a day! Tight fit (frame rails were wider than mounts) but nothing a size 13 shoe can't kick into place. Plan to finish up with the blinkers tonight.
View attachment 1920950
I think Gamiveti sells clear ARB bumber turn signals still. They would look super clean with your color LX

Got my Timbren front bump stop installed. Thanks @Box Rocket for ideas and helpful tips. I ended up welding the bump stop mounts under frame rails as earlier models did not come with captive nut insert or plate with factory pre-drilled holes. Pretty straight forward and relatively simple task to keep the 37s off sheet metal and flares.
Who makes your hood vents?

XwCezjO.jpg
Pics?

While everyone else seems to be buried in snow, I took the day with the lx to look for signs of spring. Found some mud which was fun to slide around in on street tires, found some rain, rainbows and signs that spring is coming. Oh, also lost my front DS wheel cap and noticed the DS brake light is out. I'll go fix that after this. Probably will ditch the center caps all around.

80 at CPNM 01.jpg

80 at CPNM 02.jpg

80 at CPNM 03.jpg

While everyone else seems to be buried in snow, I took the day with the lx to look for signs of spring. Found some mud which was fun to slide around in on street tires, found some rain, rainbows and signs that spring is coming. Oh, also lost my front DS wheel cap and noticed the DS brake light is out. I'll go fix that after this. Probably will ditch the center caps all around.

View attachment 1921717

View attachment 1921718

View attachment 1921720

Omg where?!

Central California desert - It is brown, hot and dusty most of the year but if it gets some water it can turn green for a month or 2 if your lucky. Good place to find solitude and empty dirt roads - we only saw 1 other person out there. We drove about 70 miles or so of dirt/mud.

Central California desert - It is brown, hot and dusty most of the year but if it gets some water it can turn green for a month or 2 if your lucky. Good place to find solitude and empty dirt roads - we only saw 1 other person out there. We drove about 70 miles or so of dirt/mud.
I need that!!! Here in MN we are getting record snow and way below average temps and guess what? up to 12" of new snow this weekend!!! whoo f'n hooo!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom