What color to repaint bumpers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 2003 white (with grey bumpers) stock LC. I am going to repaint front and back bumpers, plus side strip. I am thinking to paint these parts in some different colors for some reason. Any suggestions? Maybe white?

I painted the bumpers and moldings on my 1999 white to match. I like it A LOT better. My wife didn't want me to do it, but admitted recently that she likes it better as well. There is a reason the LX-470s have color-matched bumpers and trim...because it looks better. I'll see if I have a pic...

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414615973.192061.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414616002.353028.jpg

I used Duplicolor Perfect Match in rattle cans from O'Rielly's

if you image search white 100-series you can see several examples of what others are running. TONS of white cruisers in the Middle East with many variations of bumper/trim colors and pin striping/decals. some have white, black, silver, champagne-ish, etc etc. i think they all look good.
personally, i'm a fan of the all-white with blacked out windows/wheels, white with black trim is ok but very common, and the recent trend toward really dark gray metallic (anthracite?)

Garth, that all-white looks fantastic!

I vote body color. My LC has black bumpers matching body color - pretty sure it was painted and didn't come from the factory this way.

All body color white would be my vote

Thanks everybody! Seems body color is a way to go.

Garth, your LC is very convincing argument. Also, good suggestion to look at the pictures of white LXs, ii forgot they have matching bumpers

Factory gray/pewter.

Ideally for the rear I'd go 'Kaymar' black, and 'Slee Blueberry' black for front ;). Great colors IMO. :D

I used Duplicolor Perfect Match in rattle cans from O'Rielly's

This looks great. What kind of prep and process did you do? Sanding, priming, coats, etc.?

I'd like to do matching body color as I'm not a fan of the black/gray LX two-tone.

I taped off with blue painter's tape, sanded with a pretty fine grit, then sot the white on after a good wipe-down. I didn't use primer. It's only been on for 6 months, but still looks good on both bumpers and side-trip. My bumpers were a mess...the factory grey/silver was peeling of in big chunks.

I didn't prep as well as some others on this board. If you do a search you'll find a much better thread on prepping and painting the side moldings. If they don't hold-up, I'll do a better job of prep and paint them again in the future.

I did put three coats of Duplicolor clear, as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom