What Bilstein Shocks Should I Have? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since I had new Bilstein shocks put on my truck the rear suspension bangs and knocks on any bump like the shocks are too weak or the springs have gone. What model or models of Blistein work? The ones I have say TYP 29/ - 027403.

Thanks

According to their website: 24-027397 for the front and 24-027403 for the rear.

Are they installed correctly?

Watch out. I had the bilsteins and snapped one of the rear ones. I'm told they are too short even for a non lifted cruiser. Also the fronts were too short and would fully extend and make a bang sound over speed bumps when hit at as low as 8 mph. I went back to stock and much happier now. The bang is gone and I like the ride better.

Same problem, fox 2.0 are great in my opinion.

I've heard about this problem from others on here. I've been running them for quite some time in all sorts of conditions and never had any problems. Not if I just got a good set or others are getting bad ones. I will say I really like the valving on them. Stiff enough on the street to eliminate the boat like ride and soft enough off-road to take up most of the harshness.

How do I handle the mechanic??? My mechanic (The Truck Shop, Miramar Rd., Sa Diego) is not inclined to change and after a test drive says Its an OK Tight suspension, but like TTO5 the whole truck thumps over an 8mph speed bump. I wanted OEM but mechanic said Bilsteins much better. What does Bilstiens say about their short shocks.

They said they were aware but would not help me at all. Put the oem shocks on. Dirt cheap and last for years and many miles. As an assistant service manager at a toyota dealer I can tell you I have a lot of customers with 100 series on original oem shocks at 150 to 200k. Their suspensions feel great. Put the oem on and don't look back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom