What are U wearing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, went for a ride this morning and it was a crisp 45 degrees. I wore a T shirt covered by a thermal shirt with bike shorts covered by another pair of shorts. I warmed up after a couple of miles but my hands froze. I wear fingerless gloves and my hands were warm but my fingers hurt like hell. They hurt so bad that I had to quit riding because I couldn't really control the bike anymore.
So, what do you guys wear while riding in the winter?

45! That's perfect weather :D

I use full finger motocross gloves until about 35 degrees. For colder weather I use some windproof breathable gloves. Don't wear too warm of gloves or your hands will sweat on tougher climbs then get cold.

Below 20 and I get out the warm gloves.

I have the very same problems with my fingers going numb on cold rides (35-50 deg) I have found that my regular old moto style Fox Digit glove keeps my hands warmer overall on cold rides. This is comparing to Pearl Izumi light fleece gloves and Defeet knit gloves. Also I learned that under no circumstance should I remove my gloves from my hands on a ride. If i do I'm screwed.

I'm pretty sure it's really important to keep your core warm and dry as well. If your body decides that your core isn't warm enough it will rob blood flow to your extremities causing cold/numb fingers and toes.

I'll ride down to about 28* if the woods are clear of snow and ice. To start, I wear a base layer undershirt by Craft. It's designed to wick the sweat off your chest and out to another layer, so I use it in the summer, too.

After the undershirt, I'll put on bib tights and wear ski socks, too. Next comes a regular weight long sleeve bike shirt and over that is a nylon windbreaker. I put on a beanie under my helmet, and start off with Lobster mitt gloves. Even at 28*, I'll heat up and will switch to regular mtb gloves. I'm good to go for a couple of hours this way.

I did the Iceman cometh this last weekend and I wore a pair of Pearl Izumi leg warmers, long sleeve smart wool undershirt and long sleeve jersey and a thin wind proof jacket. I also had Pearl full fingered gloves and that worked great. I had to take off the jacket after a while cause I was too warm. If it gets colder I have a pair of lobster claw gloves that are great for winter riding. Also the neoprene shoe covers and some warm socks go a long ways.

I usually just wear my Camelback mule, my cycling shoes, and a thong.

If it's below 70* though, I'll put on a kilt, a serape, and a dickey. And if it's really cold, I'll throw on a feather boa to keep my neck warm.

mooseknuckles-23057.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom