what are these for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok I'm in the UK and we don't have these (and they'd be illegal as well). So with due credit to the owner of this pic (boerboel) below, what is the big protrusion for on the front? what does it do?

IMG_1185.jpg

Cheers. Is it not going to bend the chassis rails in the event of a steep drop onto the front?

Cheers. Is it not going to bend the chassis rails in the event of a steep drop onto the front?

in a jeep probably, but that's why we drive land cruisers;)

They can be helpful on short wheelbase rigs, longer wheel base rigs, like the '80 are much more stable on downhills. They greatly reduce the approach angle, tend to get in the way when climbing steps, dig into the ground when coming off of steep ledges, etc. Most that I know who ran them, no longer do, in the way more than they helped.

Plus, they scare the sh!t out of people when you tailgate them.:hillbilly:

that stinger looks like it would be more of a nuisance than anything. then again, it is a jeep.

Last edited:
Ok I'm in the UK and we don't have these (and they'd be illegal as well). So with due credit to the owner of this pic (boerboel) below, what is the big protrusion for on the front? what does it do?

Best I can tell they're for looks. ...unless it's an arctic truck near one of the poles.
I remember seeing them on a television special and they can be used to prevent the truck from falling into a crevasse.

That's a Heep Extraction Linkage Point (HELP)....:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom