West Llama seat cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to post another option for a seat cover. Doesn’t seem like these have been mentioned here. I looked at SOR and Escape Gear and others but this fit my needs best.

West Llama universal front seats purchased on Amazon for $66. Not full seat covers but they do the job of covering up torn leather, preventing sliding, and hopefully breathing better on hot summer days. Didnt need the full water and dirty protection.

They say it’s “PU leather” which I take to mean it’s fake leather, polyurethane? But whatever it is, it is very soft with nice cushion and feels pretty luxurious.

Fits my LX seat pretty well. Just needed to tuck a bit into the crease since the back is a little too tall. Comes in beige, gray and black. I’m quite satisfied for what it is. And I don’t have any relationship with them!

235D153A-860A-4DED-9ACE-EF4E520AC7DF.jpeg
716FB5DE-ADFC-4743-89C4-9EFBAB21DC8F.jpeg
FF7EB018-02CE-4B56-846F-91C6331B2B82.jpeg
80BABDEE-590C-4277-8A12-E35CC4E318DD.jpeg

Thanks for sharing. Could you post your experience with these in about 6 months?
I had a similar set on another car and they were actually worthless :(
The straps that hold them in place are inadequate resulting in the covers moving about and sometimes getting bunched up on one side. After a few weeks the straps snapped off altogether making these covers useless. I just wasn't ready to use a two tape to stick them to the seat leather so I ended up tossing them.

Thanks for sharing. Could you post your experience with these in about 6 months?
The straps that hold them in place are inadequate resulting in the covers moving about

Sure thing. Here’s what they claim...

“Non-slip backing prevents the front seat covers from slipping, your seat covers will not move while you are driving.”

The material seems to act like those non-slip drawer linings so friction is how it stays in place, not the straps. I’ve driven around town for a few days with these and so far they don’t seem to move. But I could see the straps eventually breaking off but time will tell.

Here’s the link...

Amazon product ASIN B085ZSP7SJ

Being perforated they MUST include a cooling function, right?

Especially for $60 on Amazon?

Sold!! :cool:

The straps that hold them in place are inadequate resulting in the covers moving about and sometimes getting bunched up on one side. After a few weeks the straps snapped off altogether making these covers useless. I just wasn't ready to use a two tape to stick them to the seat leather so I ended up tossing them.
As promised, a 6 month update. These seat covers are holding up well. Straps are still intact. None of the pieces have broken off. They do slide around a little bit now but no big deal as long as you are careful how you sit down. They still look good and function as expected.

I should add the disclaimer that I am small guy and treat things gently. YMMV if you are a football player or move around like a bull!

Definitely a better alternative than sitting on torn leather or getting something more expensive.

i have them on my rig for 6+m. The rig has a 2" lift w. Sliders. low use since install due to health issues.

All tha being said, the seat portion shows premature wear on the door side due to sliding when getting in/out.

However, for the price vs functionality...well worth it.

Thanks gents, your review is very helpful

I may try a set of these to put under my SOR covers on the driver's side. Nothing wrong with the SORs. But the old original seat foam has lost about an inch of spring over the years. This may be the solution. Thanks for sharing.

Is the bottom a separate part from the upper back support or is it a one-piece design for each side?

Does anybody know of something smoker for the second row. I want something to protect the leather from the many many car seats I have to install randomly, but also people can sit on when they aren’t in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom