Parting Out Well Maintained LX450 Motor/Transmission (178k miles) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im not ready to sell yet. Im seeing if there is a market for it. I have a meticulously maintained 1997 LX450 that I will be LS swapping in early Jan. I will need the old motor and transmission gone shortly after it is removed. The mechanic doesn't want it sitting around his shop.

178k miles with all usual seals replaced within the last 20k miles. No leaks. It has never been close to overheating. I have always been petrified of a HG issue, so I replaced the radiator and all hoses (including PHH) about 10k miles ago. It didnt have issues, but I did it for peace of mind.

I will be driving it from TX to Denver for Christmas, so it will probably be around 181k miles by the time we pull it out. Im happy to send videos of it running and driving, or you can drive it if you are around Austin, TX

I have no idea how much to ask for it.

Any interest?

Going to shoot you a PM. I live in Colorado Springs and don’t necessarily needs a motor and tranny but my truck has 285k and sorta want a spare motor and tranny to have around.

May be interested but would need to sort some details. Any chance the shop would be interested in putting your pulled engine into another 80? Maybe Andrew would be interested in mine to hold onto. Also considering other avenues with our truck. Ours has 301K and runs great but could use the valve guide seals. Who mind me asking is doing the V8 install for you?

Im not ready to sell yet. Im seeing if there is a market for it. I have a meticulously maintained 1997 LX450 that I will be LS swapping in early Jan. I will need the old motor and transmission gone shortly after it is removed. The mechanic doesn't want it sitting around his shop.

178k miles with all usual seals replaced within the last 20k miles. No leaks. It has never been close to overheating. I have always been petrified of a HG issue, so I replaced the radiator and all hoses (including PHH) about 10k miles ago. It didnt have issues, but I did it for peace of mind.

I will be driving it from TX to Denver for Christmas, so it will probably be around 181k miles by the time we pull it out. Im happy to send videos of it running and driving, or you can drive it if you are around Austin, TX

I have no idea how much to ask for it.

Any interest

pm sent

I am about to get into a motor with a blown headgasket and might need a replacement depending on damage. Should be around the right time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom