Well, I'm back (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Many years ago (2002ish????) I bought a 62 to build into a Baja Overland style rig. I found this forum back then and used it to find out about parts and others ideas. The build went great with a lot help from the forum members and a few trips to Man A Fre. Well a few years went by and my interests changed so I sold the 62. I got into riding quads in Baja and ended up riding close to 12,000 miles of remote Baja trails, but I broke my foot real bad in 2014 so it's been side by sides since then. My current rig is a Baja built Polaris General which I'll post pictures when I can. I also retired in Baja (Punta Banda area on road to La Buffadora) and met my wife at the Baja 1000 Score race. I've been driving a 2008 Jeep Rubicon for the past twelve years and two years ago while pitting for the Baja 500 for Rob Mac one of the pit crew guys drove a Lexus GX470 and he'd done a few things to it and I really liked it. I started doing my research and decided this year to sell the Jeep and buy a Lexus. So I'm back! So far I haven't been able to do much with it because of the Corona virus but I've got a list.

Here's what I got: 2006 Lexus GX470 white 125,000 miles, timing and water pump done, secondary air pump done and is in great shape with a complete service record. I've only driven it a little bit but man is it solid, so I named it "Tank"
So far here is what it needs
1. New hood struts
2. On board air system
3. All terrains when the existing Hancooks wear out

That's it for now!

Cheers
BajaCharlie

Welcome! GXes are the new hotness so you got in on time :)

Baja huh? I am planning a GXOR run to Baja after all this mess calms down and my sons head off to college in 2 years.

Welcome back. These are great rigs with lots of options.

Welcome. It’d sure be nice to have a good Baja contact 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom