Weird Window Switch Behavior After Battery Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently installed a new battery in my 2011 LC. The battery being replaced was still the original battery from 2011. I replaced with a new TrueStart battery from the dealer.

After replacing the battery, I've noticed that the window switch on the driver's door to roll down the front passenger window has stopped working. I can roll down the passenger window with the switch on the front passenger door. The front driver switch works for all other windows except for the front passenger window.

I am fairly confident that the switch worked before replacing the battery. The issue is somewhat annoying as it requires me to lean over to the passenger door to roll down that window.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

It won’t move the window at all?

When replacing batteries you’ll need to “reset” the switch where it learns all of its auto functions. Basically you have to hold each window switch all the way down, for at least a second or two past when the window is done opening, then the same thing for closed. I believe this is how it learns how much amperage is needed to open and close, where the safety limits for each is, etc.

It won’t move the window at all?

When replacing batteries you’ll need to “reset” the switch where it learns all of its auto functions. Basically you have to hold each window switch all the way down, for at least a second or two past when the window is done opening, then the same thing for closed. I believe this is how it learns how much amperage is needed to open and close, where the safety limits for each is, etc.
Yep, same thing happened to my wife's GX. Quick fix:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom