Weather conditions in Northern Alabama (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star
Threads
Evening guys, we live south of Nashville, but made a run to Ft Walton for the weekend to pick up a FJ55 carcass. We are planning to head back in the morning and im hoping the roads will have a nice crusty layer of salt on them by the time we roll thru, but in the mean time I was wondering if any of you guys were seeing any icing out yet.

Our current plan is to roll out in the AM and I hope to make it as far north as Cullman then assess. The river bridge is what has me worried cause that is a long sumbeech to have to navigate if it is iced up.

Thanks in advance

James Spann is posting that Lawrence County Tennessee is already iced over. Be careful.

I would catch WHNT 19 news about 6:00 am. They are good about reporting road conditions in our area.

Thanks guys. I'll check in as we roll tomorrow

Are you dealing with Ray Towner??
Still 35F on my porch in Marshall County.

How are things looking? We are about to hit 65 coming up from FL.

So far you're good. I just crossed the 565 viaduct...no problems. It's plenty wet, so keep a move on to beat the re-freeze.

The temperature has now dropped to 32 degrees with a wintery mix of mostly rain coming down steadily. Trees, tall grasses and fences are freezing over now and businesses are closing. Hope this helps. Be safe!

Made it home. Thanks to all. We ended up running away from it, took 59 east to 24 and then came up 24. From the looks of things and after some conversations with some folks in Southern TN we made that call. We dodged it until about 5 miles south of murfreeaboro. At that point it all went to $hit and we saw a guy slide all over 24 for about a half mile then slid to a stop on the shoulder, then saw a 6 car pile-up happen right in front of us. So I think we made a good call. Yall stay safe and warm you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom