*HELP* '92 HDJ81 busted radiator, stranded in Memphis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there friends. My wife and I have been driving for 4 days from one rocket city to another. We are moving from Washington to Huntsville Alabama, and are only 200 miles away and just had the AC belt come apart and throw chunks into the radiator ripping some tubes away from the end tank (aftermarket aluminum radiator). I'm pulling a 6x12 cargo trailer and have my two cats with me.

Last night, after waiting 3 hours for a tow truck only to find out nobody was on the way, I limped it to the nearest gas station. Sent my wife to the parts store in an uber, and pulled both batteries, fan and shroud and radiator. I finished breaking the broken tubes and rolled them up and crimped them. Then cleaned, wire brushed and jb welded the holes in the tank. I waited an hour and a half and tried to pour water in, but alas it hadn't cured enough yet and blew out the epoxy. Sooo, I cleaned it, gooped a bunch more on there and limped it a mile to the nearest hotel.

Sooo, all that to say I haven't tried putting water in it this morning yet. And I am going to assume that it's not going to work. Does anyone have a spare radiator laying around that I could buy/borrow? Or a large flatbed trailer that could haul both the cruiser and a trailer? I called a dozen or so tow companies last night and only one place said they would tow it, for nearly $2000!!! Heck no.

Anyway, if anybody has any ideas, I'm all ears. Feel free to give me a call. I'm looking forward to getting involved in the Huntsville area Cruiser club!!! 503-803-1392, Eric.

Shared the info on our GroupMe, I don’t have one but maybe someone else in the group does.

Welcome to Huntsville! (Eventually).

I don’t have a radiator but I’m headed up to Nashville today. I could get over to Memphis tomorrow and help potentially but I don’t have a trailer so not sure how much that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom