Washita off Road Park anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone interested in a day trip to W a s h i t a off Road Park within the next couple of months?

Sure although I really don't know anything about the park. Any details?

The way I understand it there is just not a lot of mapped trails yet. The two Jeep think clubs have been going there nearly every weekend making trails. Youtube has some videos from there and it seems like a pretty cool place.

I'd be up for it anytime you'd wanna go. I just won't be able to go the next couple of weekends. My fiance is still in the hospital from a pretty major surgery. Hopefully she'll be able to come home tomorrow. After that, I'll be attending to her needs until she's feeling better. I work on Saturdays until 2pm so Sundays would probably be best. Would that work for you?

I'll throw out Feb 10th and the 17th and see which has more interest. Sunday works best for me too. :bounce:

I'm really worried about tearing it up. . .

I'm off for President's day on the 18th and was going to put on my new door and front fender, so pencil me in.

Joe

Okay Mr. 16k miles, slee sliders, & bull bar.

I'm (Mr. 215k & 2-1/2" lift) not worried at all!

What da hell, I'm in! Hope to see you at Mardis Gras.

Joe

Okay Mr. 16k miles, slee sliders, & bull bar.

I'm (Mr. 215k & 2-1/2" lift) not worried at all!

What da hell, I'm in! Hope to see you at Mardis Gras.

Joe

You forgot to add daily driver from my sig. You'll be fine. If I
thought my transportation to work would get trashed. I wouldn't take it trail riding.

We would be up for that run on the 17th.
Now that the truck runs right again, timing chain jumped a tooth and a bad power valve in the old Rochester.

Ouch. Did it bend any valves?

Ouch. Did it bend any valves?

I would expect not, I didn't pull the head just the oil pan. She runs better now than it ever has since I've owned it.

I was also wondering if anyone is going to meet for breakfast before going to the park?

Probably but the details have yet to be worked out. I imagine we'll either meet in Pevely or Festus for breakfast. But we could also meet somewhere in Farmington, which is only 15 miles from the park but I only know of Mcdonalds in Farmington so I don't know yet.

Stay tuned.

Hey Moj and WFD, which route would you Franklin Cnty guys take to get there? That may help determine where we meet.

We can either take 47 south from St Clair, or drop down through eureka and House Springs. Toy are you sure the trails will be ok for an 80?

I was talking with B&D this morning and he's rather emphatic about the trails being too narrow. I watched the video's and the largest vehicle I saw was a Jeep sport. Brian was talking about exo etc... to keep the body damage to a min. Are there some wider trails for the busses.

I don't know what to expect. I know there was a group of hummers there during the inaugural event. I'll try to fine info about what their group thinks of the trail. I know one of the guys that drove around with them that day.

We can either take 47 south from St Clair, or drop down through eureka and House Springs. Toy are you sure the trails will be ok for an 80?

I was talking with B&D this morning and he's rather emphatic about the trails being too narrow. I watched the video's and the largest vehicle I saw was a Jeep sport. Brian was talking about exo etc... to keep the body damage to a min. Are there some wider trails for the busses.

Heh, said the guy who just buffed his paint.

47 to 21 to 8 looks like it might work.

Bummer that the trails are narrow. FN used to be that way the first time I went.

Is Waschita a private park?

Toyminator, have you talked to Collier about going down one of these weekends? If not, I'll drop him a line and see if he could maybe get a Sunday off or something. I know he'd have a blast there too. I've also got another buddy over in Illinois that would go with enough notice. He's got an 86 Truggy that runs on propane. It's a nice little rig. Between you, Collier, and my buddy Dave, you all would have a good time. I can see if anyone from MWJT is planning on going down either of those weekends as well. Several of those guys know the park pretty well and are down there pretty often. I'd offer to show you around but I've only been down there once myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom