Washer Nozzle replacment mod? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I actually found this mod over in the other forum I look at for my supra, but I think on the 80's we have a similar windshield washer spray system.

_ said:
.... If you have driven pretty much any late model car you will have noticed that the washer nozzles don't shoot out a stream, but rather a broad mist of droplets that evenly soaks the windshield. These nozzles are actually licensed from a company called Bowles Fluidics Corporation (http://www.bowlesfluidics.com/products/).

Here's their blurb....

Bowles Fluidics Corporation is the world leader in the design and development of fluidic windshield washer nozzles and has been a supplier to the automotive industry for over 30 years. With its larger coverage area, optimal droplet sizing and efficient fluid usage, the fluidic washer nozzle has become the benchmark for cleaning performance for OEMs and their suppliers worldwide. When tested on actual vehicles against other types, the fluidic nozzle:

Cleaned 62% – 70% faster
Used 65% – 74% less fluid to clean
Allowed for 53 – 65 more cleanings per bottle fill
Pre-wet an area 19 – 23 times larger
Held the spray position better at all road speeds
Dramatically reduced smearing
Greatly improved visibility and driver safety
Reduced wiper blade wear

Anyway, the 2002-2005 Camry's have the fluidic nozzles and they are a drop-in replacement for the MkIII Supra. The only difference is that the hose barb has a 90 degree bend on the Camry nozzles. Clearance around the barb is tight, but if you fit the hose on the barb before snapping the nozzles into the hood it goes on fine.

I got the nozzles from Champion Toyota for about $11 each. They are part number: 85381-AA042.

What I was wondering.. is there a model of these sprayers that would fit the 80? Or do you guys think the sprays on the 80 are fine? I tend to think that bugs and stuff on the windshield smear with the current system, and I have new wiper blades.

Does anyone think the windshield sprayers could use improvement? I really haven't tested them with alot of mud or thick layers of bugs.

Or since this isn't related to armor or lift... it doesn't matter hehe :)

I know someone with a Rav 4 with 3 jets on each nozzle. They look like the same size as the ones on the 80 so they may be a easy replacement. The only problem I foresee is removing the insulation under the hood w/o breaking the clips. C-Dan would know for sure.

I'll second the observation.

I just got out of a new Tacoma and it had 3 jets in each nozzle and seemed to cover the wind shield much better.

I was wondering if this swap would work also.

CDan we need your help! :)

Just came across this 2-hole (4-squirter) OEM nozzle.

The guy claims that it fits many Toyota vehicles, including the 100 series. I am trying to confirm whether it would fit the 80 series or not. Supposedly you can adjust the direction of each hole which would be nice.

Anyway, maybe some of you will be able to tell if it would work or not by looking at the shape of the base of the squirter and comparing to that of the 80.

Just wondering. ;)

Mot :)
Washer nozzle1.jpg
Washer nozzle2.jpg

I haven't considered it. I can't see the link on that thread from work because of our internet restrictions. It sounds like the ones that are on my 89 Dodge truck. They spray like a lawn sprinkler sort-of.

I have not actually operated a late Camry washer system to see how it works. If the nozzles have the same mounting pattern as an 80 I see nothing that would prevent them from fitting the hood. The slope of the 80 wndshield is different so they may not hit in the right place. As long as they can be aimed like the originals can and the pump has enough pressure/volumne I don't see why they wouldn't work.

Yes, the hood insulator would need to come down and the clips are a bitch and almost always break.

D-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom