Washer Bottle Relocate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine hangs a little low. A couple months ago, I did finally snag something that pulled the water line out from the bottom of the bottle and drained all my washer fluid. But that was after having it over 4 years. Someday I'll put something there to protect it.

I did the air pump relocate today; I'll do the rest tomorrow. I will say this pic saved me some head scratching as to how that bracket mounted.

And yeah, those instructions need some serious added notes as to which vehicle they are talking about.
Whew, got it done today. Another fiddly job, looking forward to some nuts and bolts projects soon.

The materials of the Expedition One kit are pretty nice. The bottle is heavy duty and holds 2 gallons. The air pump relocate bracket is really nice. The bottle base plate is fine, but I am less of a fan of the bottle hold-down. The provided hardware did not work for attaching the hold-down to the side wall, there is simply no place the nut insert fits where needed. I may have to revisit this if my half-ass screw in the sheet metal doesn't hold.

The instructions are vague at best and misleading at worst. Some of the pages included were definitely not for the GX. And I am not a fan of "instructions" like "drill to size". TELL me the size! And I don't think they addressed the low fluid sensor at all.

Anyway, I'm glad to have it done, the additional clearance in the wheel well and underneath will be welcome. Leaving for Utah in a few weeks!

Dunno. Does the 10-13 bottle hang low like 14+?
I’m almost positive the washer bottle and location is the same, what I am wondering is if maybe there is something different about the engine bay location and the air pump thing. But when I look at all y’all’s photos it seems the same as mine.
I’ll have to compare to my buddy’s 17 some time soon.

I haven't compared the physical reservoir tanks in recent years but 4 different part numbers.

2010-2013 w/headlamp washers

2014-2019 w/headlamp washers

2020-2023 w/headlamp washers

2010-2023 without headlamp washers

I haven't compared the physical reservoir tanks in recent years but 4 different part numbers.

2010-2013 w/headlamp washers

2014-2019 w/headlamp washers

2020-2023 w/headlamp washers

2010-2023 without headlamp washers
Intresting that all years without headlight washers are the same, but with has separate part numbers.
I sent a message to snowbound asking about fit for a 2010. I’ll report back when I hear.

So I heard back from snowbound customs. They said that a customer successfully mounted their reservoir to a 2013, with no headlight washers. Did not explain why they would market it to 14+. Still deciding if I want to go this route or do something DIY and add another project to the mounting list. We’ll see how bad it rubs the reservoir when I get to taking it out on the trails. At that point I may have time for a project I may not. I’d love to use the location of the snowbound version, just behind the grill, instead of relocating the air pump, but use a cheaper plastic bottle, and just fabricate a mount to hold it.

if anyone wants to mix it up a bit period correct retro-style OEM , this is a idea ...:)
- also , i now offer the Japan. Spec. real McCoy oem blue tint UV rated washer hose , its a super long section / piece too
- belows TECH. image example shows each decal well , and how it would look in real time on your GX's and Prado"'

4599042D-619D-42D4-B040-F44D63E3CC50.jpeg

:)
FJ62Bottlekit1_2048x.jpg

1680658089822.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom