Washed and Waxed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In further attempts to show my love for her I washed and waxed her today with Griot's Garage Best of Show wash and wax. I also detailed her interior, windows, and cleaned and conditioned the leather. Heck, if you zoom in on the driver's fender and door you can the reflection of the car next to her. Surely being waxed up she'll have way less drag and she'll give me above 20.

Well, I filled her up, and all she's giving me is 12.5 MPG around town with no highways. I don't know, fellow Cruiser Heads, but I'm thinking it's time for the ritual sacrifices to the Land Cruiser gods. I'll start small, chickens, and then move up to goats. If goats don't get me above 20 MPG then I need to find the closest volcano to DFW (range limits based on current MPG), and a willing virgin.

Of course I'm kidding. No non diesel Cruiser does better than 16 MPG, but one can dream. I think my 83 FJ60 alwas got 11-12 no matter what, but that was back when gas was $0.89/gallon. Oh, the interior is straight too. Everything works, she has been maintained. Next to do is a power steering flush.

20210923_193508.jpg

Those headlights are begging for some love now!

Clean looking car.
Brother, I have the kit to do them, but ran out of time of today. The headlights are on my agenda Saturday. Man, they are killing me. Lol.

I still owe you an oil sample. I have it ready to go, and once I get it back I'll forward it to your thread. I don't drive much these days.

i always wondered why the side markers don't fade like the headlights. why can't they make the headlights out of the side marker plastic ?!?!

Halogen lights also produce UV.... and fade plastic.

Polished up, but they might need replacing soon. They have some pretty deep runs.

20210929_124948.jpg

Put some paint protection film or clear coat over it and it'll last a few years... otherwise, you'll be polishing them again in 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom