Warning Hj75 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crushers

post ho
Threads
i really do try and not slam other venders, at times i slip but this guy is just too evil to not post a warning.

http://store.yahoo.com/coolfj40/1986hj75.html
this guy sold a truck to Gord in Ferni BC as a rust free unit. it actually looks like the same truck that is in the picture. what is interesting is he says this one is sold but he has a 1981 BJ75 for sale.
the truck Gord got was missing the lower rad hose, and when Gord phoned about it the guy hung up. Gord put a hose on and found out the headgasket on the 2H was gone.
WARNING:
this guy is unethical.

if anyone thinks this is uncalled for or out of line i will remove this thread.
cheers

This (Cruiser) world is too small to pull this kind of s**t. Everybody seems to know who everyone else is. I am sure that any one contemplating a deal with this person appreciates this and will check what they are buying very carefully. As for me, thanks for the heads up, Wayne.

-kevin

Wayne, it really depends. I like to give folks the benefit of doubt but if he sold the truck as running then delivered it without the lower rad hose obviously he's not telling it straight. If it was sold as rust free mine salvage then it's buyer beware.
I'm thinking it is the former though as I doubt you'd post if it wasn't.

i saw the ad and i saw the bought truck in person, this is the reason i posted it.

i agree, give the person the benefit of the doubt.
(in this case, i know the buyer and the problems the truck had at time of purchase)
if he even made an attempt to make right or at least talk about the concerns i would not have posted this.

Is this guy a registered dealer in Ontario? If he is then your friend has access to the compensation fund, and has total recourse with this guy. If he is not a registered dealer with OMVIC then that is the price you pay when buying from a curbsider unfortunatly.

OMVIC doesnt like curbsiders, they are charging up to 3,500 per each vehicle sold without being a registered dealer now.

To search if he is a registered dealer go here:

http://ewconsumers.omvic.on.ca/publicsearch/dealer_search.asp

I'd do it but I am pretty sure that if he sold a vehicle without a lower rad hose then he is just a curber.

Regards

I think that is total BS, The truck does look to be a good deal, but you know what, what goes around comes around. I'm sure everyone on this board will think twice before buying a truck from him!!!

lshobie said:
Is this guy a registered dealer in Ontario? If he is then your friend has access to the compensation fund, and has total recourse with this guy. If he is not a registered dealer with OMVIC then that is the price you pay when buying from a curbsider unfortunatly.

OMVIC doesnt like curbsiders, they are charging up to 3,500 per each vehicle sold without being a registered dealer now.

To search if he is a registered dealer go here:

http://ewconsumers.omvic.on.ca/publicsearch/dealer_search.asp

I'd do it but I am pretty sure that if he sold a vehicle without a lower rad hose then he is just a curber.

Regards
i have chatted with Gord at length about this situation. Gord is a "rip off artists" wet dream, he is a peace monger. he doesn't want to cause problems which is the very reason AMVIC, OMVIC etc were brought into play. they go to bat for the consumer. IF THE CONSERN IS LEGIT then they take the seller to task.
Gord could contact the BC version of this as well as the OMVIC and at least have the guy brought to task.
i feel for Gord, he is a good guy getting ripped by a con...

Eric,
you are right, what goes around usually comes around...

cheers

why didn't he just buy a truck from you, what I think alot of people don't realize when they see a deal like that, is when things seem to good to be true, they usally are!!!

why? because i didn't have a HJ75 with a factory box forsale and he wanted a real toyota box for his project...

I can take a look at the truck if anyone wants. I am in the GTA.

In fact, I think i may do it just for fun.

Its tough doing stuff over long distances. You just never know what you are going to get until you pick it up.

a factory box hardly seems worth buying a truck from a con, but hey everyone makes mistakes.

bummer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom