Warm Apple Pie (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
That time of year for my annual cider pressing...Thought I'd share my recipe I make for my hunting camp...

1 1/2 gallons of Apple Cider
2 Cups Sugar
Fifth of 190 Proof Everclear Grain Alchol
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 Cinnamon stick per 500 ml bottle

I heat up the Cider, sugar, and nutmeg in a pan until almost boiling...Let it cool and add the Everclear...I put 1 cinnamon stick in each bottle...I go to the wine store where they have these really cool small whiskey bottles with corks...

Tastes really good around the fire on a cold night...Just like warm apple pie....

:cheers:

Dude that's freakin awesome. Sounds great right about now (too bad I'm getting ready for work).

I wonder how well that would do with a bit of cheddar or a la mode...

-Spike

I wonder how well that would do with a bit of cheddar or a la mode...

-Spike

They both sound like good choices...especially the cheese with the apple pie ...

Caution...drinkers of too much of this have been known to see the Wombat...

Hey, you know Gary from ML- used to work in the dunes? I've have had your brew, and so did some girls I knew-THANK YOU. Seriously, I am drinkn Everclear right now; not by choice but outta beer and after 2-I miss Vegas. Anyway, this is great stuff, or at least the memories attributed to it are and will be:cheers:

The version I've had substitutes Tuaca for the everclear...

not that there's anything wrong with everclear...but it's difficult to find in some places.

The version I've had substitutes Tuaca for the everclear...

not that there's anything wrong with everclear...but it's difficult to find in some places.

Really? Everclear is a liquor store staple here. You must not live in a place as classy as me.

Hey, you know Gary from ML- used to work in the dunes? I've have had your brew, and so did some girls I knew-THANK YOU. Seriously, I am drinkn Everclear right now; not by choice but outta beer and after 2-I miss Vegas. Anyway, this is great stuff, or at least the memories attributed to it are and will be:cheers:

Sounds like yer drinkin something right now :D

Sounds like yer drinkin something right now :D

:D :flipoff2:

Really? Everclear is a liquor store staple here. You must not live in a place as classy as me.

I guess yer right.

I gotta run across the border into NV to get everclear...which isn't a problem...except...NV smells "funny"...

I guess yer right.

I gotta run across the border into NV to get everclear...which isn't a problem...except...NV smells "funny"...

Only since CA made it their designated smoking area. :flipoff2:

this sounds soo good, i'm makeing it this weekend

It's not my receipe but I have had a little experience with adult beverages over the years, allow me to give you some insight.

...How long does it last after it is "cooked up"? Does it need to be kept cold? ...

Zack

Given the fifth of 190 proof alcohol I'd guess the shelf life would be indefinate. :D
Refridgeration would be totally optional.

... What do you store the mixture in before you put it in bottles? What else can you use besides whiskey bottles to put it in? ...

Zack

Fruit jars are the traditional containers for "Hooch". But I'm guessing you could use Snapple bottles or any other available container.

I want to try this.... I suck at cooking but I think I can do this?

Zack
It's a stretch to call this cooking, more like mixing. We learn by doing, and it sounds like you are motivated. :cheers:

What exactly is a fifth? I assume it is less then a 750 ml bottle?

technically...yes and no...

it's a term for 750ml bottle of liquore.
originated from 1/5 of a gallon...but it's technically incorrect because 1/5 of a gallon equates to 757ml.

I want to try this. I guess you can put it in a flask? How long does it last after it is "cooked up"? Does it need to be kept cold? What do you store the mixture in before you put it in bottles? What else can you use besides whiskey bottles to put it in? Any ideas? I suck at cooking but I think I can do this?

Zack

You don't have to keep it refrigerated...Try to keep it in a dark cool place ...I keep mine in a garage cupboard...

It doesn't last too long around here...but it will last years if you wish...

I put it right into the bottles after making it...still warm...

You can use any glass bottle as long as it has a good seal...I like clear bottles with a cork...

I prefer a Stone Fence....

A mug of hard cider with a shot of rye in it.

Serve it hot in winter, and cold in summer.

You don't have to keep it refrigerated...Try to keep it in a dark cool place ...I keep mine in a garage cupboard...

It doesn't last too long around here...but it will last years if you wish...

I put it right into the bottles after making it...still warm...

You can use any glass bottle as long as it has a good seal...I like clear bottles with a cork...

What is the best way to drink it, hot or cold?

Zack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom