Want a new Wilton vise for $5? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
Me too...

I am at this Estate sale. End of the day. There is a moving truck in the driveway. I spot in the truck a big Wilton bullet vise with swivel and everything. Looks brand new. I ask the guy if it's for sale. No he says, vehemently, and then he tells me had to "rescue it". Uh? Turns out he had it in his garage earlier in the day and had told his brother not to sell stuff in the garage. Well, later a buyer goes in the garage somehow and offers $5 (!) for the vise. Brother says, sure, I'll get the change. Goes to see my guy and ask if he can break a $20. My guy asks what for. Brother says Vise. My guy runs to the garage, probably close to heart attack, and managed to rescue the vise in the nick of time...

Goes to show you, deals can be found in garage and estate sales... :)

A friend of my father's loaned a small lathe to another friend to do some hobby work. Second friend passed away unexpectedly and his kids paid someone to "help Mom" by coming in and cleaning out all his stuff. By the time the first friend found out about the death, the lathe was long gone… Not to mention all the guy's other tools and such. :frown:

Last edited:
There was the time I saw an ad on Craigslist for some free junk on the curb. I spot a new-looking mini lathe barely peeking out from under the pile. Jump in the truck and dash out there. At the last block I miss the turn, had to do a loop that took a couple of minutes. Finally made it to the address and there is a guy just putting the lathe in this truck who broke into a sh!t-eating grin on his face when he saw me rushing there... Yup, they were clearing dad's old stuff from the garage...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom