VSV EGR Parts Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am at dealer and they said I need to replace the egr vsv.
I got the vsv but can't remember if I need to remove the intake plunem (sp)?
I would search but I am on my phone.
All I need to know is if I need to get the gasket for the intake plunem or other parts.

I replaced I long time ago and don't remember if it was when I removed the intake plunem or not.

i did this by removing the throttle body only, and using my monkey hands was able to replace without removing the upper intake.

I had to do it in my driveway so I could pass emissions (CEL). I was on a deadline, so I opted to NOT remove the TB or intake plenum. I had to try a few socket extensions and universal joints before I got the right angle of attack, but it can definitely be done with the TB and intake in place. The key is to have a good step stool to work on so you can get your hands and tools at the right angles. Took 30 min including cleaning up and putting tools away.

I got the throttle body and 2 plenum gaskets but now I am thinking I need a EGR gasket. Am I correct that I need to remove the EGR and replace the gasket?

The EGR gasket has a slightly raised circle that flattens out when installed IIRC.

I bought the gaskets but I ended up re-using the originals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom