VSC, ABS, Stalling, and the worst smell in the world

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2000UZJ

Where's My Hammer?
Threads
Over the past...say two weeks, my AC has smells like somebody took a enormous poo right on the intake. I just could not figure it out. Hosed down with lysol, fabreeze, taped those little 99 cent smelly trees everywhere. Still made my nose burn. So anyways, I leave the car wash and merge with traffic. The dash lights up and I come to a complete stop and the truck is jerking back and forth with the brakes grabbing and ABS freaking out. I figured I hit some sort of slick spot leaving and freaked the system out. Nothing for a few days. Then she stalls pulling into a spot, dash lights up again. Starts right back up and I'm on my way until the VSC lights come back on and the truck starts doing it again. Fast forward 48 hours, I pull in to work (I park in the building next to my desk...) and it instantly fills the place with this...poo smell, worse than poo. Death, I start poking around the engine bay and come across two football sized rats chilling by the oil filter and block. Anyways, I fear that they may of chewed a harness... any ideas on where to start poking around? I have checked as much as I can see and don't see any chewed wires, or anything out of the ordinary...needless to say, if your AC smells like s***, CHECK your engine bay ASAP. It could mean your BBQ is overcooked.

few symptoms that trigger it:
-Full throttle (may be a loose connection now?)
-Moisture/rain
-Cornering hard

ideas gentlemen?

Pics or it didn't happen...good luck with finding the issues.

I was so disgusted when I dropped the skid plate I didn't think of taking pictures of cooked rats.

I'll start my search tomorrow by pulling the front wheels and inspecting more

back in the day i kept having this smell of something dead ever time i got in the car. The smell got worse over time. I eventually opened the hood and found a dead cat melted to the engine block. Put some gloves on and ended up pulling the cat out skin first, then limbs...you get the picture.

Didn't have any engine trouble, thankfully, good luck chasing down your issues.

Get eyes on all the harnesses you can. Those little buggers [and mice] can do remarkable amounts of damage to wiring if there's nothing better for them to eat. Hopefully, you cooked them before they could get stuck in.

back in the day i kept having this smell of something dead ever time i got in the car. The smell got worse over time. I eventually opened the hood and found a dead cat melted to the engine block. Put some gloves on and ended up pulling the cat out skin first, then limbs...you get the picture.

Didn't have any engine trouble, thankfully, good luck chasing down your issues.

How did the cat get in there... hope parts didn't get chopped by the fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom