VooDoo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Friday night is more my speed. Gary Clark, Jr., Avett Bros., & Neil Young and Crazy Horse. I feel the need to keep rockin' in the free world. :clap:

Friday night is more my speed. Gary Clark, Jr., Avett Bros., & Neil Young and Crazy Horse. I feel the need to keep rockin' in the free world. :clap:

I would like to see the Avett Bros, but I will take a pass on Neil Young. I'd also like to see Beverly Skillz again. The last time I saw her was with the Imagination Movers, ha ha, it would be nice to see the grown up set. My problem is I can only go one day and Sunday is out since I have a meeting early Monday in New Iberia. I really want to see Silver Sun Pickups so I think Saturday is my day. I would like to see Jack white also though. Damn work.

I would definitely want to see Silversun Pickups, but i will be in Shreveport at a wakeboard tournament.

Where in Shreveport is having a tournament?

On red river, in down town.
When i say it will be big, i mean huge. I think there are 10 or so schools coming.
UT, Texas tech, A&M, UNT, ULL, ULM, LSU, La Tech, MS state, south miss.
Its going to be a fricking blast.

Someplace where there is a large body of water I am sure....... :doh:

This guy ^^^ hehe

I would like to see the Avett Bros, but I will take a pass on Neil Young. I'd also like to see Beverly Skillz again. The last time I saw her was with the Imagination Movers, ha ha, it would be nice to see the grown up set. My problem is I can only go one day and Sunday is out since I have a meeting early Monday in New Iberia. I really want to see Silver Sun Pickups so I think Saturday is my day. I would like to see Jack white also though. Damn work.

Neil Young? I thought we don't need him around anyhow ;)

Whoa, Nina? What kind of music does she play?

Who's Nina? :confused: Simone? Sadly I don't think she will be at VooDoo unless someone works some real voodoo.

You said imagination movers, so I thought it was the chick from the show named Nina. Never mind

You said imagination movers, so I thought it was the chick from the show named Nina. Never mind

Ohhhhhhhhh, now I gotcha. No, I was refering to Beverly Skillz who was the onstage DJ for the Imagination Movers when they are at Jazz Fest. My kids don't really watch the show but my wife and I have known Scott "Smitty" Smith for years and have seen their live show many times.

Ohhhhhhhhh, now I gotcha. No, I was refering to Beverly Skillz who was the onstage DJ for the Imagination Movers when they are at Jazz Fest. My kids don't really watch the show but my wife and I have known Scott "Smitty" Smith for years and have seen their live show many times.

Gotcha, I have seen some live stuff from them very talented guys.
Adam will be very envious of you when I tell him you know Smitty lol

Gotcha, I have seen some live stuff from them very talented guys.
Adam will be very envious of you when I tell him you know Smitty lol

Ha, I wish my girls liked them more so I could score some points with my own kids. My wife and "Smitty" worked together at two different local restaurants for years and then I worked with him at Palace Cafe. He lived right around the corner from us in our old neighborhood but moved when the show took off. Turns out I ran into him at the Rouse's by our new house and he lives right around the corner from us again. New Orleans is such a small town with big city problems.

Here is my schedule if anyone heads out on Saturday.

1:15-2:15 – Fleur de Tease with guests @ Le Carnival
3-4 p.m. – Soul Rebels with guests @ WWOZ/Bud Light
5:30-6:30 p.m. – AWOLNATION @ Le Ritual
7-8 p.m. – Silversun Pickups @ Le Ritual

EDIT: Upon finding out that ticket prices for single day credentials were $90 each, my wife has informed me that we will no longer be going to VooDoo on Saturday. If anybody would like to get drunk and listen to the music from my back porch feel free to come over.

Last edited:
While I'm at the office today, I rebelled on Friday. Took the day off. Went to Voodoo when the gates opened. Made a day of it. The Coyotes, Big History, Tribute to Bo Dollis, Avett Bros., Gary Clark, Jr., and Neil Young. Very cathartic. I even rode the ferris wheel. I was longing for some mushrooms while I was there. Ah, memories of youth .... The king is gone, but he's not forgotten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom