Vintage in TT? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pismo:
Yea its like salt in the wound but I figure if it is the worse mistake I ever make I still came out of the deal with a great cruiser. Like I said, it won't ever be worth selling it so It going to be a lifer of a vehicle....that means wicked cruiser in 10 years:)

I'm young and those were student loans (2.82%) so it was a cheap mistake in the long run. I could just as easily bought a late model ford explorer and been perfectly bored with the thing within 6 months. Thing about cruisers, and this is why Greg can do what he does, is they have a quality and a character that kindof puts a haze on the dollar. When I saw the truck it really didn't matter (within reason) the price. Peoples love of cruisers and fascination with them is Mushro's only alie (sp?) . Rick you are right on! Turn this guys water off and he dries up. Face it, there are enough cruiser heads around to spot the nice rigs that are for sale. I still look at the for sale adds and I am broke from my first purchase!

A little pro active work to make sure these people don't sell to Mushro thus providing him with more fodder of deciept will make his job more difficult. If he can't find and jack up the prices on the "nicest cuisers around" then he will have to find something else to sell. Personally, I see him in a polyester suite selling used imports:)

So here is the plan to all in Cruiserworld. When you see a classified for a nice cruiser drop a quick email or phone message informing the buyer to beware of Greg Mushro at Vintage Offroad. At least make sure if they sell it to him they Jack thier price 50%!

Just a thought, but one that may be effective.

I happen know that TLCA is paying attention to this thread. TT, TJK, etc: this member votes that you drop Vintage Offroad as an advertiser.

Obviously my vote is for the yeahs

I say ban Vintage from TT! he has no place there, he contributes nothing to the Land Cruiser comunity and take away $$$ from honest newbie Cruiserheads, leaving a bad taste in there mouths, he hurts the rep of TLCA and TT IMOP. is he even a member? besides everything else he is.......he as worse spelling and gramer than me :D

Heck if wanted to flip Cruisers I could do it all day long, I can find lots of nice Cruisers priced right...........hmmm I'm suprised Greg hasn't contacted me.......now i feel bad :flipoff2:

There is NOTHING wrong with making a profit however AS LONG as your honest about it and what your selling.

I was bummed a while back when I saw a Vintage add pop up here at IH8Mud, but it was behond Woddy's controll, it came from Google Ads I think, one of those rotating ads at the bottom of the tech page
http://www.ih8mud.com/ih8mud-tech.html

havnt seen it for a while thank god!

John H
TLCA 5506

why not all chip in and get an ad of our own? kinda like woody's do not buy from list. i'll chip in. i haven't gotten screwed by him, but i've gotten screwed by another not so liked cruiser vendor.

Just gave a heads up on these threads to 2 new posts selling 40s. Least we can do is put Vintage, Greg and anyone associated with his business on the do not buy, do not sell to list in the Classifieds section.

Sound off if you support this small step.

No he is not selling 40s on this site, not to my knowlege. But I am sure he lurks on this site and contacts people who are. I was giving a heads up to the sellers to beware and not sell to the schmuck!

you know..i feel really bad for anyone who was screwed over by this guy. I ALMOST got scammed by him. Not too great of a story..but about a year and a half ago i was looking for a cruiser. I came across his site and was VERY intrigued by the 'fully restored' beautiful cruisers he had. I sent him emails on some and was actully planning on coming out to possibly purchase one from him.
FORTUNATELY, a similar topic came up on the old SOR Forum..and so did this guy's [glow=red,2,300]scumbagness[/glow]. I promptly stopped looking for a 40 at his site..and instead bought an 80 from a local friend.

Does anyone know anything about
www.Coolcruisers.com or www.cruisersolutions.com ?

I havent heard any thing bad about them..seem very honest.

anyways,
take care..

Joe M

Here's my vote to get Greg Penisbreath off of TT (yes I am a TLCA member, too). It is dirty money, taken from some of our own members. It is truly an insult to those who were swindled to accept Greg's advertising dollars.

[quote author=- S.A. - link=board=10;threadid=7707;start=msg78749#msg78749 date=1072047069]
Does anyone know anything about
www.Coolcruisers.com or www.cruisersolutions.com ?
[/quote]

Cool Cruisers is ok. Some of their parts are crap, and some are really nice. Their restored trucks are grossly overpriced but for the most part well done. They are totally dedicated to Cruisers and they are honest so more power to them.

Don't know much about Cruiser Solutions. Haven't heard anything bad.

I don't like his practices anymore that the next guy, but, if we try to force the guy selling advertising to screen applicants, he will quit, and if we booted every vendor that someone has a problem with, we would have few, witness the threads here and Pirate of folks complaining over vendors.
His rep will eventually catch up with him, and I really have a hard time feeling sympathy for someone that buys sight unseen or with out doing their homework.
Butch

I agree with you somewhat Butch, but there are limits. Everybody has had problems with one vendor or another, but this guy is all around bad news. TT is still a newsletter representing the TLCA. If I see an ad in FourWheeler I treat it differently that I treat one in TT.
I'm mad enough that if TLCA supports this creep, I will reconsider my support of the TLCA.

Butch is right (damn, hate to admit that) in opinions on vendors....bashing is FAR too easy with the internet...and the worst part is, you have no "real" idea if the person doing the complaining even has justification. (it WAY too easy to hide behind the keyboard - and IMO, it's a rare person who's true personality comes out on the internet...)

SO, who sets the limits? and WHERE are they set??? Therein lies the issue....

It is all about education. Which is happening in full force on this website ( and others) Unfortunately it is buyers beware. Eventually the reputation will surface and the word will be out. I say take his money now and charge him double while you can... as time goes on he won't be able to do business with the real people of the TLCA. Hey, last time i checked this was a free society good or bad. ( sorry Dan not to dis your situation)

I'll conceed that buying sight unseen off the internet is not the best idea. What other options does a guy who wants a cruiser in Chicago do? Not like there are many in the local used car lots. No doubt I got taken. I didn't go after this guy to get my money back....like I said that would have been a useless flog!

I have come out and shared my experience, so that others don't get taken by this guy. It way be legal but his practices are not ethical....he is similiar to the guy selling over priced products to seniors over the phone. Where the hell is his picture? If he is so proud of his efforts to sell the "nicest cruisers in america" then why doesn't he want his face associated with his business.

Bottom line he may have earned his money, but can anyone appreciate HOW he earns it! If screwing the unknowing public (which is what I was at the time) is OK then I have no problem with it. I personally get sick at the thought of this guy. There are plenty of top-notch venders and cruiser heads selling stuff--lets get them to advertise in TT and his measly add becomes inconsequential.

So why don't you guys who are selling stuff and offering products step up and buy a piece in TT? Just my 2 thoughts.

I agree with everything you guys are saying except Gumby, you don't quit an organization, any organization because of one thing. If you quit on TLCA because of this, I would bet there are other issues.
I also don't feel that selling advertising space, is supporting him, rather the other way around.
Suggestion, you that really feel strongly against this, compose an intelligent, factual, letter to the editor, maybe Todd will print it.....guarantee he and most of the staff will read it.
I was ready to jump ship at the end of last year over the crap going on.
This is nothing compared to that.
Who wants to volunteer to sell ad space in TT?
One of the things in LSLC that gets my dander up quicker than anything, and I will get in your face in a hurry, is bit***ing about a job a volunteer has done.
Has not happened but once. :D :D

Butch

Look to the chit-chat section. I am posting a quick survey to see if this forum and the cruiser community would be interested in a certain product. (i.e. I will advertise in TT and possibly on Ih8mud pending results)

[quote author=IDave link=board=10;threadid=7707;start=msg79193#msg79193 date=1072130874]
Here's my vote to get Greg Penisbreath off of TT (yes I am a TLCA member, too). It is dirty money, taken from some of our own members. It is truly an insult to those who were swindled to accept Greg's advertising dollars.
[/quote]

His last name is Penisbreath? Damn, that sucks (no pun intended) "Just kidding disclaimer placed here"

I don't think that he advertises in TT to find buyers, he does it to find sellers. Unfortunately, he is using us to rip off and disillusion future owners.

Has anyone stepped up to the plate to defend Mushroom?

I'm a TLCA member, and would rather not have him associated.

Just my .02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom