VIN Info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAB

Threads
The rig isn't currently with me and I'm trying to decipher the production month by my frame/vin number.

I checked out the vin decoding links after doing a search on here, but they don't seem to apply to the BJ41's.

Can anyone pull the production month from this ID number? :BJ41010975

Many many thanks!

I have this shot of the firewall tag if it helps...but not the one on the door jam.

image1.JPG

September 1980

I am looking to buy an old FJ40. I checked out some of the decoder sites and hopefully can get some confirmation...

The frame number is FJ40-1224XX. From what I can tell that would make it a build date of Feb. 1972. Can anyone confirm?

The engine is an F145 with serial number F2677XX. Is that early 1969?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Yes February 72 is correct. The product date for the engine should be on the other side of the block. But the correct engine for a 72 is F155. The oil fill for a F145 is a separate tub on the opposite side of the engine than the manifolds. F155 has a cap on the valve cover to add oil.

Thanks “Living in the past”! So is the engine date is stamped in (Or is it cast into?) the block on the opposite side of the block from the block serial number? It has a “F145” decal on the valve cover. Here is a picture of the engine. Sorry for the poor quality but it is a dark “barn find”.

23247609-6DFE-4D8B-9944-42B0A1495A5E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom