Vibration

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Gregb, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Gregb

Gregb

I've noticed an intermittent vibration in the front end (left side) when on the highway, only after a right turn. It goes away after 25 mph or so. I've never heard it after a left turn, and it only occurs intermittently, maybe every third turn or so. I checked the front diff oil, it was a little low. Vibration still there, have 100K miles on it, a 94 model.

Other than this it drives like new. Time for a front end bearing inspection and repack?

Thanks.

2. Beowulf

Beowulf

>> Time for a front end bearing inspection and repack? <<

Greg,
    Yes, it sounds like it's time for the bearings to be checked and pay particular attention to the spindle bushing. For more information do an advanced search with keyword=zipper, author=landtank, days=300, 80/100 section. Read all pages.

-B-

3. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=11112;start=msg100517#msg100517 date=1076104744]
    search with keyword=zipper, author=landtank, days=300, 80/100 section.

[/quote]

pretty funny that a keyword of zipper is going to get you to info pertaining to a bushing problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.