Vibration while Accelerating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2005 GX470 80k miles
On a recent trip I noticed a vibration while accelerating at speed. At around 55 mph and up, while accelerating OR applying power to maintain speed I feel a mild vibration similar to tire unbalance. As soon as I let off it goes away.
Just had the tires balanced before the trip and tested up to 90 and didn't notice anything at the time. The truck was lightly loaded and not towing.
Probably drive line related...but what?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2005 GX470 80k miles
On a recent trip I noticed a vibration while accelerating at speed. At around 55 mph and up, while accelerating OR applying power to maintain speed I feel a mild vibration similar to tire unbalance. As soon as I let off it goes away.
Just had the tires balanced before the trip and tested up to 90 and didn't notice anything at the time. The truck was lightly loaded and not towing.
Probably drive line related...but what?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Did you ever figure this out?

Did you ever figure this out?
Yes, the CV joints were worn.
I knew I had damaged outer boots and had already purchased CV joints to replace. I didn't realize the inner boots were also damaged and the bearings were badly worn on the trunions.
I replaced them and it is smooth as silk way past ninty.
The CV joint themselves were relatively easy to replace but I decided to replace the ball joints...holy f#@& pressing the lowers out is not for the weak of heart.

Last edited:
Yes, the CV joints were worn.
I knew I had damaged outer boots and had already purchased CV joints to replace. I didn't realize the inner boots were also damaged and the bearings were badly worn on the trunions.
I replaced them and it is smooth as silk way past ninty.
The CV joint themselves were relatively easy to replace but I decided to replace the ball joints...holy f#@& pressing the lowers out is not for the weak of heart.
I nearly choked on my pork rinds.
Thanks for the intel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom