VC-120 vapor line replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, had a hell of a time fueling up the rig last weekend at altitude + heat (couldn't coax more than half a tank into it at a few gas stops, lots of pressure and fuel spitting out.)

Ordered and received a VC-120 (Autozone got it from order to my house in about 9 hours, I was blown away.)

I'd like to replace the hoses too--what's the best option? It seems like the Toyota OEM ones might be the wrong ID for the VC-120 barbs...I can order a bulk roll from Amazon of 1/2" ID and 3/8" ID hose but that ends up costing more than the charcoal canister did. Any links or suggestions for the right links? Or should I brave the local AutoZone? Also what does one do for clamps on the fuel line? I feel like whenever I pull this kind of clamps off I mangle them, is there a suggested alternative? Breeze style clamps for this small of an OD?

Mainly concerned about these two hoses as they look a bit cracked from age.
1600034977929.png

TIA, cheers.

OK, had a hell of a time fueling up the rig last weekend at altitude + heat (couldn't coax more than half a tank into it at a few gas stops, lots of pressure and fuel spitting out.)

Ordered and received a VC-120 (Autozone got it from order to my house in about 9 hours, I was blown away.)

I'd like to replace the hoses too--what's the best option? It seems like the Toyota OEM ones might be the wrong ID for the VC-120 barbs...I can order a bulk roll from Amazon of 1/2" ID and 3/8" ID hose but that ends up costing more than the charcoal canister did. Any links or suggestions for the right links? Or should I brave the local AutoZone? Also what does one do for clamps on the fuel line? I feel like whenever I pull this kind of clamps off I mangle them, is there a suggested alternative? Breeze style clamps for this small of an OD?

Mainly concerned about these two hoses as they look a bit cracked from age.
View attachment 2434841

TIA, cheers.

Just take the hoses off and run over to auto zone. They will match it up to some generic fuel line hose.

I just installed the VC-120. For the VC-120, the tank port (5/16 v 1/4?) is bigger than OEM. I
used a tapered punch and heat to expand the new line at the canister port.

Use the AC Delco 215-153 instead.
It has the three fittings for air, tank and purge
When it overpressurizes and fuel comes out of the air inlet, you will be safer with the OEM frame rail port.

local generic fuel line and the air inlet is bigger, though you might manage with the same for all three.
oem or generic clamps. it isn't a high pressure line, so anything works.

Cool, thanks all, think I'm good. Appreciate the feedback!

Bumping this old thread to confirm that the ACDelco 215-153 is still the go-to canister for this application (see some variances between the VC120 and the ACD option referenced above). Also, still working long-term after install?

I live in Houston at essentially 50' of elevation (lame, I know), and my '94 1FZ is starting to build some noticeable pressure whenever I'm at the gas station (which is frequent if driven regularly, which we all know 🤣).

Just wanted to confirm here before buying anything. Also, best to replace the hoses at the same time? Or can the hoses/clamps from the OEM setup be reused?

Thanks folks!

I can't speak to the AC Delco one but I put the VC-120 in about two days after this thread, got hoses at autozone, and have filled up multiple times at altitude (up to about 8000') as well as driven up about 12K since last fall and have had no fuel pressure/tank venting issues since putting it in.
This is the hose I got.
1619308833179.png

Same here. I installed the VC-120 and got new hoses. Put 13K miles on it and have run from Glenwood Springs back to Vegas (5700ft to 2000ft) a few times without any issues. Sure, you can go with an ACDelco 215-153, but it's more than twice the cost if that is a concern--it was for me. Heck, I would have gone with a Ziplock baggie and activated fish charcoal, but I was told that it was a bad idea...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom