Valve Cover Gasket(s) Part #'s for 2001 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LBL

Threads
I've searched through this forum and Google and I'm STILL confused. Husband told me to order him the Gasket(s) for the Valve Cover for the Land Cruiser. Since I'm such a good wife :) I attempted to do so only I can't find the Part #'s. Is there One, Two, Three or even FOUR gaskets? Is there a Kit?

One Toyota store shows me Two Gaskets and another Toyota store shows me Four possible gaskets when I put in my VIN number.

I guess if it was easy, he'd order them. Thanks in advance. LB

Left valve cover gasket: 11214-50011
Right valve cover gasket: 11213-50031
Valve cover bolts (18 needed): 90080-10330

FelPro also makes a full gasket kit many have used on here.

Thank you. Why would you need the new bolts? And everything I've read said "Don't use anything BUT OEM" so I don't know about that FelPro kit. So far we've only replaced everything with OEM parts.

I just did the job last weekend. The bolts have rubber washers that flatten over time. This could lead to improper torque I suppose. I replaced the spark plug tube seals as well. All total, including a tube of toyota ultra black form in place gasket I spent a little over $100 from the dealership. I could have bought a $40 kit from felpro, but I would rather have the genuine Toyota parts if possible. Money well spent in my mind.

Buy the Felpro kit. All the washers, spark plug tube seals in there. I put one on mine, would not hesitate to recommend it over collecting up all the Toyota parts. This is NOT one of those cases where it's a big deal not using Toyota bits. The success of the job relies more on cleanliness, making sure all the parts are in the right places, and torqueing to spec. Make sure to put a dab of FIPG or black RTV in the front corners (and nowhere else!) or you will have a leak to go back and re-do. Also - replace your PCV seal and valve while you have the covers off (also, parts shop bits OK here). Your old one will likely have to be broken to pieces getting it out. Make sure you get EVERY piece of it out of the inside of the valve cover!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom