Valley plate leak repair - attempt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys need some help- I’m attempting to do the valley plate repair and I can’t get the last wire harness clip off the back of the intake manifold (there are three total back there) It’s the one closest to the passenger side directly under the cowl. Not much room to work there.... it’s a bear!

Not sure about the clips but some other tips from a Lexus master mechanic here on post 37 for this job

Not sure about the clips but some other tips from a Lexus master mechanic here on post 37 for this job

Thanks - I’ve used that post to get a lot of useful info... the clip I was stuck on is held by a 10mm bolt, Which I was able to get a very small 10mm wrench on. Back in progress...

You weren’t joking, that wiring harness on the back of the intake is a bear. Zero room.

Any tips on getting the center section loose? I’ve got the passenger side bolt out, the drivers side bolt out (because I couldn’t get it off the bracket only) and the center one I simply can’t see nor reach.

You weren’t joking, that wiring harness on the back of the intake is a bear. Zero room.

Any tips on getting the center section loose? I’ve got the passenger side bolt out, the drivers side bolt out (because I couldn’t get it off the bracket only) and the center one I simply can’t see nor reach.
If it’s just the center that remains, I believe I was able to pick up on the intake manifold an inch or two and move it forward a few inches . This made it easier to reach behind and get that last nut/bolt off in the center.. Good luck!

If it’s just the center that remains, I believe I was able to pick up on the intake manifold an inch or two and move it forward a few inches . This made it easier to reach behind and get that last nut/bolt off in the center.. Good luck!
Here is a picture to give you an idea of what’s back there.
F7CC4A15-C03E-4150-9F8A-B124AAF92746.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom