VAIS MML--->USB cord location? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just installed the VAIS MML-L1 on my 07 cruiser. Easy installation (30 mins), great sound quality and functionality;would recommend. Right now, I have the USB cord coming out of the left panel next to the head unit. Would like to have it run through a natural hole/opening near the head unit to avoid drilling. Also considered removing the cigarette lighter and running the cable through that. Any tips or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

I ran mine thru the cig lighter. Bought a USB pass through port off Amazon, fits perfect. Looks slick, works great, the sound is fantastic.

I just installed the VAIS MML-L1 on my 07 cruiser. Easy installation (30 mins), great sound quality and functionality;would recommend. Right now, I have the USB cord coming out of the left panel next to the head unit. Would like to have it run through a natural hole/opening near the head unit to avoid drilling. Also considered removing the cigarette lighter and running the cable through that. Any tips or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!
Here’s a pic of my install.

C288713F-FB1D-402F-B5D4-5D1FEA626034.jpeg

Nice, thanks for the visual. How was removing the lighter?
Super easy.:banana:
Trim panels pull/pop out with nylon prytools, disconnect electrical connectors, the cig socket comes apart with gentle persuasion, no tools required.
I think (could be wrong) that you need to remove the center console trim in order to pull the panel that holds the ashtray/cig/12V port. I don't know for sure, because i had that piece anyway since my VAIS is mounted under it. In any event, if necessary, the center console trim pulls right out, no tools required.

Landy93 - Did you need to remove the center console trim in order to pull the panel that holds the ashtray/cig/12V port? I'm about to install a usb and aux port where the cigarette lighter is.

Landy93 - Did you need to remove the center console trim in order to pull the panel that holds the ashtray/cig/12V port? I'm about to install a usb and aux port where the cigarette lighter is.

Removing the center console trim made it easier to wiggle the panel out to install the USB port. However, not sure if it was necessary but was easy enough. Let me know if you have any other questions

Similar solution except my Alpine came with HDMI and I wanted a port for that as well. A very small amount of filing was needed to open up the cigarette lighter opening but it isn't much. This is marine grade too. Search on Amazon Rerii-FLM03. It's $15.

2.jpg
1.jpg

Just installed a Vais MML over the weekend and took your advice to mount it under the center console trim. Added some velcro to the bottom and it was a perfect fit.

FC07CD96-6F64-4BA1-99A5-E67B9C493644.jpeg

Just installed a Vais MML over the weekend and took your advice to mount it under the center console trim. Added some velcro to the bottom and it was a perfect fit.

View attachment 1606710

So there is enough room for the AHC/TEMS switch assembly with the Vais box there?

Cool. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom