For Sale VA 1985 FJ60 6.0L V8, 5 speed, OME, ARB and Kaymar bumpers, ARB locker, Gamiviti, Bilstein, Warn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

6.0l vortec while retaining drums on the rear o_O. H55 while a great choice for these rigs generally isn't the best with a chevy V8 in my experience.

Depending on where the price gets to might still be worth picking up but as we all know BAT money gets to silly levels without rhyme or reason sometimes. I wasn't sure about the non-stock green color initially but @Aloha Jen has proven it can made to look spectacular

6.0l vortec while retaining drums on the rear o_O. H55 while a great choice for these rigs generally isn't the best with a chevy V8 in my experience.

Depending on where the price gets to might still be worth picking up but as we all know BAT money gets to silly levels without rhyme or reason sometimes. I wasn't sure about the non-stock green color initially but @Aloha Jen has proven it can made to look spectacular

Nv4500 better choice?

Nv4500 better choice?

Sorry I have no specific experience with the NV 4500 behind a v8 that I can refer to. I will say that the h55 first couple of gears are just too low for most everyday uses. Found myself taking off in second and where ordinarily I would be in second (turning right etc.) I would want to be in third. Second was a little too short and third a little too long. No matter how long I drove it there was just no real happy place for it. Except off road then of course it started to make sense.
If i were converting a rig from the get go I would just go auto trans, but I know many here think that's heresy

CRAZY price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom