v8 conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone, Im looking for some guidance on which way to go with a sbc swap. I've got a 83 fj60 and i want to keep the stock 4 speed and transfercase and I want them in the stock location. Marks adapters seems to be the only company that says this is possible? Has anyone had any luck with the AA kit or the downey kit? If you live in the seattle are I'd love to take a look at your setup and pic your brain about the swap. Thanks :hmm:

If you want the driveline to be in the stock location then your route is a Mark's adapter setup. When I was looking at my options that's what I found out. You can look at my thread about a 5.7 vortec swap, or there are a couple of others... You need to make sure which version of the SBC you are going to run, but I think the Mark's adapter covers all the SBC versions. THe only differnece that comes to mind is the front engine mounts.

If you don't care if its red-neck, you can take a BFG and move the firewall back 4 inches like I did once upon a time when I was a poor college student... otherwise, yeah, Mark's Adapters..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom