Uwharrie Camping and Trails 10/30 - 11/1 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Folks,

Nathan’s 15th birthday is November 1st, and in the usual fashion, Nathan has requested some trail time at URE. We will be camping Friday and Saturday nights at Badin Lake Campground (I have two spots) with plenty of trail time planned for Saturday and Sunday. I’d like to extend an invite to any of you who want to come out and hang with us, whether it’s for the weekend or just for a few hours. I believe our camp sites are 23 and 24. We will be glad to meet up at the Outpost too. If you have an interest, PM me here and I will shoot you my digits for call / text. Happy Halloween er’body!

Dave

Last edited:
I would have ,but that's gsmtr

We might be out :( I've got a serious case of the runs (aka birf soup) and my brakes need some love as well.

I willtry to make it for the day

Wish I could make it, Dave, but 3 weekends in a row + some lingering issues w/ my 4Runner prevent me from joining you.

The last 2 weekends, I rode in a J**p - which reaffirmed my love for Toyotas. Dickey Bell was torn up a bit, but very doable if there's no traffic jam for you all. I may be misremembering, but the 2nd series of ledges on Daniel seemed more challenging than in the past.

Regardless, I hope you all have a fantastic weekend, great weather, and a super Happy Birthday for Nathan!

What time you thinking Saturday

What time you thinking Saturday
We will be camping at Badin Lake Campground Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon. We are up for trail rides anytime Saturday. Just let me know when you want to go out.

How'd it go?

Chilly Friday night. Perfect camping weather. Absolutely beautiful day on the trails Saturday. Rain Saturday night and a pretty miserable morning on Sunday. We did some light exploring around the Forest on Sunday (Moccasin Creek Falls, Falls Reservoir, Low Bridge), but no trails. All in all it was a perfect 15th birthday for Nathan.
IMG_3707[1].JPG
IMG_3708[1].JPG
IMG_3710[1].JPG
IMG_3720[1].JPG

Had fun, now I'm glad I left early Saturday night.

You gotta quit feeding that kid. He's growing like a weed.

He sure is! Seems like just yesterday...
Uwharrie Trip 2 034.jpg

At Kodak Rock...

Uwharrie Trip 2 022.jpg

ONSC Christmas Party 2013...
ONSC Christmas 2013 009.jpg

Hurricane Creek 2014...
Hurricane Creek 2014 48.jpg

Logan's Run 2016...

IMG_2783.JPG

We've had a lot of fun together over the years. Amanda and I are really proud of Nathan and the man he is becoming. I appreciate this club putting up with us and providing a family-friendly atmosphere for us to create so many good memories over the years. ONSC is the best!

I'm sorry I missed this year's adventure. I put a thousand miles on the 45 the weekend before (driving to the Fall Crawl and back) and was not in a hurry to get back behind the wheel. I thought about a day trip for Saturday, but my company sent me right back past Winchester to Harrisburg for a service call so I was busy catching up over the weekend.

I enjoyed the timeline shots. Thanks for sharing!

Maybe next year.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom