Using a diesel sub tank for petrol lc 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

Has anyone used the diesel landcruiser 105 sub tank on a petrol landcruiser 200 as an auxillary fuel tank. Certain questions being:
1. Would it be safe - using a diesel tank to carry gasoline.
2. Assume that I could switch between the sub and the main tank - I would add the factory landcruiser 105 switch to do so.
3. Add a secondary fuel gauge for the 2nd tank.
4. I can access the dual filler neck and would need some modification to suit the shape / length.

I'm based in Kenya so access to the Australian tanks is not a possibility in terms of shipping and cost.

Many thanks.

1. depends on the material the tank and hoses are made of if they can withstand gasoline
2. no idea
3. that would need modifications at the old aux tank
4. also a good question

And if you are from Kenya it is probably also a good idea if you are looking to Saudiarabia for parts and stuff like this since they have a huge LC market there so you dont need to ship far overseas from Australia 🤔
at least to Europe they deliver fast and for okish prices

Hi,

Has anyone used the diesel landcruiser 105 sub tank on a petrol landcruiser 200 as an auxillary fuel tank. Certain questions being:
1. Would it be safe - using a diesel tank to carry gasoline.
2. Assume that I could switch between the sub and the main tank - I would add the factory landcruiser 105 switch to do so.
3. Add a secondary fuel gauge for the 2nd tank.
4. I can access the dual filler neck and would need some modification to suit the shape / length.

I'm based in Kenya so access to the Australian tanks is not a possibility in terms of shipping and cost.

Many thanks.
There is an OEM sub tank for the 200. It is 11.8 Is gallons. I got mine from UAE.
The install on and Lx is linked in my signature, and it has also been done a TLC too.

Mine is the LC install, linked in my signature below. I haven't posted a full write-up yet, but grinchy has.

Related to your initial questions: if you look up the part numbers for the diesel vs petrol subtanks, I would not be surprised if you found that they were the same part. I think I remember them being the same part number when I was purchasing my subtank, but I don't remember for sure. You can look them up on the website https://partsouq.com/

Mine is the LC install, linked in my signature below. I haven't posted a full write-up yet, but grinchy has.

Related to your initial questions: if you look up the part numbers for the diesel vs petrol subtanks, I would not be surprised if you found that they were the same part. I think I remember them being the same part number when I was purchasing my subtank, but I don't remember for sure. You can look them up on the website https://partsouq.com/
This is great info. I'll check on the part numbers.

1. depends on the material the tank and hoses are made of if they can withstand gasoline
2. no idea
3. that would need modifications at the old aux tank
4. also a good question

And if you are from Kenya it is probably also a good idea if you are looking to Saudiarabia for parts and stuff like this since they have a huge LC market there so you dont need to ship far overseas from Australia 🤔
at least to Europe they deliver fast and for okish prices
Thanks for the heads up on Saudi Arabia for parts. Much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom