US Wheels Rat Rod Wheels (Summit Racing) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First post, long time lurker. Just took delivery of my '97 LC last week and I am working through all of the "need" stuff while also doing some research on the "want" stuff. One thing that falls in the middle of that is wheels and tires - I was hoping I could get a few thousand miles out of the current setup, but the tires are in pretty bad shape. Long term I want to upgrade to 17's so this puts me in a situation where I can either go with 16's and then have to sell them later, or just going straight to 17's to minimize cost/effort. Because my OCD is bad, I would like to go the later route. I know this has been beat to death (I have used the search function extensively), I know most stick to the 16's or the go with the typical wheels that are available (steelies, FJ wheels, etc), and that aftermarket is tough to find in the right size/backspace. I came across these while searching, I don't want to go with anything too crazy, and like the vintage look. I have looked at wheel vintiques, JEGs rally's, fifteen52 analogs, but all are pretty expensive/wheel.

Looking at the specs they seem to meet the criteria without need spacers, am I missing something (opinions on stye aside)?

(and obviously I wouldn't use the Chevy center caps)

usw-65-5850_xl.jpg

Wheel Diameter:
17 in.
Wheel Width (in.):
8.000 in.
Wheel Size:
17x8
Wheel Bolt Pattern (application):
6 x 139.70mm|6 x 5 1/2 in.
Wheel Material:
Steel
Primary Wheel Color:
Black
Wheel Finish:
Gloss
Offset:
0.00mm
Backspacing (in.):
4.500 in.
Wheel Construction:
2-piece
Lug Nut Seat Style:
Conical seat - 60 degree
Hub Centric Ring Compatible:
No
Center Bore Diameter (in.):
4.280 in.
Center Bore Diameter (mm):
108.71mm
Load Rating (lbs.):
3,000 lbs.

Hub bore is almost 3mm bigger than factory wheels, but I doubt that’s enough to cause issues.

They work great on 80 axles. Everything clears well. I'm running hellfire knuckles, and there is no problem with those either. No idea how they would look on an 80, though. The B/S is really deep, so if you are looking for offset, they work great.

20210925_172700 (1).jpg

Doesn’t look good in the initial picture. Actually looks good on the 40. I wonder how it will look in a 80. Only issue might be airflow through the brakes.

Not the same wheel, but should give you a good idea

2oXHEq9h.jpg

HBXnksZh.jpg

1CMeSYwh.jpg

If money were no object, I'd go with the Fifteen 52 Analogs. They're the exact wheel you're looking for.

I believe the FJ Company is selling something called the Expedition Wheel that might also suit your needs.

EDIT: I just read the FJCO wheels are in fact aluminum and allegedly lighter than the Fifteen52s...

Last edited:
If money were no object, I'd go with the Fifteen 52 Analogs. They're the exact wheel you're looking for.

I believe the FJ Company is selling something called the Expedition Wheel that might suit your needs, but the Fifteen52 will be better in terms of weight..
Thanks, yeah I do like the Fifteen52's, was a little worried about offset (no lift yet) they are 4.75mm backspace and wasn't sure if I would cause rubbing with a 285/70/r17 (planning Robinson 1.75' lift)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom